Region 3590

Ingolf

Looks like the 3590 launched something bigger. It appears to us as C 3.5, but since it is already quite far behind the limb, it is probably significantly larger. Or do you think the emission is coming from somewhere else?

38 minutes ago, Wolf star said:

Looks like the 3590 launched something bigger. It appears to us as C 3.5, but since it is already quite far behind the limb, it is probably significantly larger. Or do you think the emission is coming from somewhere else?

AR3590 is located almost halfway down the disk. This explosion comes from AR3595

Mars_Perseverance_ZL7_1082_0762992086_410EBY_N0501618ZCAM01061_1100LMJ.png

Edited by Adrian Kobyłecki

7 hours ago, Wolf star said:

you mean this one? 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

you mean this one? 

I meant this:

Thursday, 7 March 2024
23:30 UTC - Type II Radio Emission

Begin Time: 07/03/2024 22:25 UTC Estimated Velocity: 904km/sec.

But it was probably really the 3595. I still can't get over the disappointment of the 3590.:)

You are echoing my thoughts precisely @Adrian Kobyłecki. Looking at  where I’d be expecting to  see a  few loops at the very least, not much activity at this point, unfortunately.  Btw. It should be relatively high latitude at 17 degrees north  or so if anyone else cares.  Incoming plage or AR 

53 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

There's not much left of the AR3590. I wonder if anything will come from it to us

Mars_Perseverance_ZL7_1086_0763342758_428EBY_N0510000ZCAM01072_1100LMJ.png

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

You are echoing my thoughts precisely @Adrian Kobyłecki. Looking at  where I’d be expecting to  see a  few loops at the very least, not much activity at this point, unfortunately.  Btw. It should be relatively high latitude at 17 degrees north  or so if anyone else cares.  Incoming plage or AR 

Last time the loops were nice and it still ended up being a fart.

4 hours ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

There's not much left of the AR3590. I wonder if anything will come from it to us

Mars_Perseverance_ZL7_1086_0763342758_428EBY_N0510000ZCAM01072_1100LMJ.png

He doesn't look so vain here.

Composite_Map.png

1 hour ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

It was not that bad. 16th in size and 26th in flare ranking. There was still no high ranking for geomagnetic storms caused by this area

Good record keeping btw.  Yeah, come to think of it only a hard X ray producer might cause a few of us to start giving up on SC 25 entirely.  This is the price of patience.  Waiting game ….  It sux but hey when they happen, all the frustrations are quickly forgotten.  

• Like 1

I’m seeing encouragement in 131 and 193 angstroms currently, but not much more yet, unfortunately. 

20 minutes ago, Wolf star said:

During today and tomorrow, this area will flip over the edge. What will he show us?

We aren’t supposed to revive this topic as the introduction indicates   Not a super big deal, however it can lead to confusion.  Possibly 3590 might receive the posthumous award as the most disappointing active region we have witnessed: to wit lots of X-ray with little results other than 10.7  

Each active region receives a new number on its next transit by the SWPC.  Helps us forget.  Haha. Later Mike 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hamateur 1953 said:

We aren’t supposed to revive this topic as the introduction indicates   Not a super big deal, however it can lead to confusion.  Possibly 3590 might receive the posthumous award as the most disappointing active region we have witnessed: to wit lots of X-ray with little results other than 10.7  

Each active region receives a new number on its next transit by the SWPC.  Helps us forget.  Haha. Later Mike 

As I understood - we can use the region's "old topic" till it receives the new number? 

Edited by MeteoLatvia