CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

Region 3590

Ingolf

5 minutes ago, Misaka said:

I've given up on the sunspot. Since yesterday it doesn't even shine as beautifully as before in SDO 131

It's so werid how It has just flatlined at about C1

5 hours ago, MinYoongi said:
6 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

If we're going to get a good geomagnetic storm from a CME out of the region, we may only have about 2 days left for it to do something.

Do you mean because of its approach to the western limb?

Yep, we'll be falling out of range of a good hit.

3 hours ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

:D

22:30 UTC, if nothing happens by then, please close the topic and update the photo of the solar disk

edit: please set this photo as current in case of no AR reaction

image.png

AR 3590 **** us. (Sorry!:rolleyes:)
We must take revenge! Let's forget the AR 3590! We are not following her from now on. That's sure to piss her off.:angry:

:D

Edited by Sam Warfel

Agreed, can't believe we have a bgd region that is large produced three X flares back to back almost, but somehow it shot no cmes and pretty much stopped flaring. Perhaps some alcohol is needed to drown ones sorrows from this disappointing region. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Region is in a state of decay now too, nice.

I think youre right, i made a video comparing imagery from 22:00 UTC to 00:00 UTC and you can see the delta in the middle decaying, i think.

Here is the video: click me :)

Just now, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

By far the largest region and the biggest joke of the 25th solar cycle

I wouldnt say that.. the flares were awesome and we had lots to talk about and to see/analyze.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I wouldnt say that.. the flares were awesome and we had lots to talk about and to see/analyze.

I agree with you because he managed to match several records in history. On the other hand, I feel as if we were being shot at with the most powerful gun but loaded with blank bullets.

9 hours ago, mozy said:

Expected from earth facing regions this cycle tbh, all of them are behaving the same 😜

it went completely silent once it rotated into sun-earth line.. even long duration M2.1 wasn't any better than the previous non-eruptive flares

8 hours ago, Sam Warfel said:

Building up for an X10 I bet (on the west limb)

wouldn't be surprised if it did that 😁

10 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

I can't believe that the delta is declining without showing us a single sign of activity 💔

Me either @Ester89  bummer.  Was shootin blanks and from all active regions also overall flux seems to have dropped for the present time.  I know it will return soon but this AR had everything except for a continuous magnetic shear line. Old 3576 is coming back in a couple of days. It needs to kick it out!  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Why the heck is AR 3590 classified an Alpha with the Layout AXX? What happened there?

I freaked once before too.   It will revert within a few hours. There are others probably misclassified.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Why the heck is AR 3590 classified an Alpha with the Layout AXX? What happened there?

it happens nearly every day due to daily reclassification

so its ok it will be fixed soon 

1 hour ago, Solar_Marcel said:

this region is the biggest joke i have ever seen on the suns disk since last cycle

Wait until we get just a bit out of view. 3090 will shoot 200 cmes in 3 minutes just to laugh at us.

Edited by Open
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mozy said:

So what are ya'll saying, do we think the limb of disappointment will show itself again with this region or not? 😎

I have no doubts about it. I suspect is saving all its potential to show off on the west limb

• Like 2
  • Haha 2