Filaments (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

• 4 weeks later...

There is a topic for filaments here,
https://community.spaceweatherlive.com/topic/2400-filaments/

The first image, it was a small eruption and looks like it resulted in a slow CME.

For the second image, that would be sunspot region 3153 being a little active. 

Have fun with all of the imagery here,
https://iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/index.jsp?i_1=702&l_1=67&t_1=165&w_1=636&h_1=698&s_1=0_1_50_3_0_5

• Thanks 1

Users create topics for specific sunspot regions as they come around the limb or form. There are the pinned topics 'Incoming Regions' and 'Filaments' for those event types.

In the 3rd image, that top eruption would be an incoming region(for now) and southern is 3153 again.

You'll learn a lot on here

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Newbie said:

Great pics for a mobile phone 😊

Newbie👍

Hiya Nube!

I thought so. I took a couple back in April of 2997 I think it was. A couple of them were ok, but not great. These are better but don't do justice compared with the Mk 0 Mod-1 eyeball! Got rain today and tomorrow, then we have 3 days with sunny skies! Hopefully, I'll have my camera hooked up! 
I feel really lucky to have caught this event. It was very impressive. Before the rupture, you could see what looked like several loops, by that I mean coronal loops. You can't see the fine details here, nor in any of the other images I've seen, the fine details that you can see with your eyes. 

The rupture started with what looked like a lighting bolt, in the upper part of the loops - but it stayed there frozen for a while as stuff was ejected from the rupture.

If you have ever seen one of those pictures where it's super high speed shutter. You see all the little peripheral stuff. It looked like that and lasted about 20 minutes. You could see all the fine details with your eyes - it was really impressive to watch!

Well, y'all know me, I could keep talking all day, but I'll quit now. Saved ya from a lot of windage, really boring windage at that! 

Happy New Year! 

W

😉

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

A limb CME probably makes it look better than it is, but the filament CME certainly is Earth directed. If only it was a few days later and more southward, it looks pretty quick.

I’m sad to miss the bulk of it, but I’ll take what we can get 

2 hours ago, Sam Warfel said:

I’m sad to miss the bulk of it, but I’ll take what we can get 

2 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

A limb CME probably makes it look better than it is, but the filament CME certainly is Earth directed. If only it was a few days later and more southward, it looks pretty quick.

According to the CME scoreboard they expect up to a KP7.. i do think thats a bit wishful thinking? Noaa doesnt reflects this in their forecast. opinion @Vancanneyt Sander @Sam Warfel and others?

19 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

With the bulk going north, I think the chance of G3 went with it. Possible G2 at this point seems reasonable.

But noaa disregards ANY effect. theres no watch in place AT ALL. And those models suggest G1-G3. Thats what is confusing me.