Filaments (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

27 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I think we are misunderstanding each other. I am not being clear either. What I meant to say is, where is filament eruption in the video?

Dont you see the southern Filament? Like DIRECTLY after that happened theres a cme in lasco and stereo

Just now, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Fk I am dumb- I see it now. WOW I AM DUMB. 

Youre not dumb i just think u two didnt watch the video thoroughly xD

Just now, Orneno said:

How could that filament give a CME all the way over on the west limb?

If you look at the video it looks to snap westward. Also the coronal holes couldve pushed the plasma? I dont really know. Also it does look like an asymmetrical halo in Lasco. But the timing fits perfectly for those 2 events.

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Youre not dumb i just think u two didnt watch the video thoroughly xD

Lmao I tend to do that 💀

3 minutes ago, Orneno said:

How could that filament give a CME all the way over on the west limb?

Here is what I think happened: Something went off and exploded on the west limb for example AR2975 and that filament snapped at the same time. One causing a CME that looked like the filament did it.  

33 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Lmao I tend to do that 💀

Here is what I think happened: Something went off and exploded on the west limb for example AR2975 and that filament snapped at the same time. One causing a CME that looked like the filament did it.  

You could actually be right with that! Im sorry. The time was just VERY fitting. 

But what happened to the Filament there? If it didnt collapse nor Erupt, what is the video showing? (I never really watched them)

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

But what happened to the Filament there? If it didnt collapse nor Erupt, what is the video showing? (I never really watched them)

Nothing actually- I tend to do this I actually saw nothing in the video. I just said I saw it even though there was nothing because I just didn’t want to keep arguing haha. Sorry I lied to you. 😖😅. That was my fault. Again sorry 

Damn I feel stupid now 💀 😂 

28 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Wouldn’t it show up on AIA 304? I’m not seeing anything though 

Yeah thats right. Maybe what Gong is showing is it simply moving. Im sorry for the false alert in that case. Just saw it moving on Sdo AIA 193, went to look at GONG, saw it (atleast partially) snapping away and then saw the CME.

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Seems like the earth facing filament finally let go

Jap ive seen it this time! Is there already imagery?

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Seems like the earth facing filament finally let go

But i cant see anything in stereo or Lasco ? Not even in stereo diff

17 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I see the full halo CME, you’re certain that was a filament and not farside? I can’t see it on AIA 304 yet

You guys REALLY need to stop doubting me all the time without doing proper research 😀 very clearly a filament. Also visible in 48h video of aia193 .. first flare. Then filament. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

You guys REALLY need to stop doubting me all the time without doing proper research 😀 very clearly a filament. Also visible in 48h video of aia193 .. first flare. Then filament. 

Now I see it. 
The CME isn’t major by any stretch, but it does seem notable at least. Pretty slow and faint, but full-halo, so we should see something. 

17 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Isn’t that rare for a filament eruption to have a full halo CME

Or have I not been watching long enough?

No, it’s just as likely as any other, just depends on what direction it’s facing. This filament happened to snap when facing Earth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orneno said:

No, it’s just as likely as any other, just depends on what direction it’s facing. This filament happened to snap when facing Earth. 

strong agree! Its like flipping a coin.

Nasa modelled the CME. What do you guys think? 

https://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/iSWACygnetStreamer?timestamp=2038-01-23+00%3A44%3A00&window=-1&cygnetId=261

8 uren geleden, MinYoongi zei:

Heads up @mozy @Orneno @Solarflaretracker200 @Marcel de Bont a filament just ejected and produced a CME.

You are on the ball! I would actually say it is a flare based on the explosiveness of the event but you are spot on, a nice full halo CME from this C1 eruption! Posted about it on our socials.

3 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

You are on the ball! I would actually say it is a flare based on the explosiveness of the event but you are spot on, a nice full halo CME from this C1 eruption! Posted about it on our socials.

What will its impacts be? I saw the posts already! :)❤️