Filaments (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

36 minutes ago, mozy said:

Center-disk filament releasing, but looks rather slow & boring so far.

and too south. i doubt any possible earth-directed component 

Edited by tniickck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Center-disk filament releasing, but looks rather slow & boring so far.

Seems most of the material fell back into the sun. Those filaments around 3576 look very nice and promising though 🙂

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

im liking the look of this one atm, i dont know if its released or been reabsorbed currently but its been hanging on centre disc for a while, it almost disintegrated then it picked up mass again, i dont know if these semi detached filament tornadoes have a name or if they count as filaments but i thought this would be the place to post it. edit. its about half way to smack dab centre disc now and its not easy to see, at least on the current images im looking at here

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 08-23-50 SDO Solar Dynamics Observatory.png

Edited by cheebee
clarification

3 hours ago, cheebee said:

im liking the look of this one atm, i dont know if its released or been reabsorbed currently but its been hanging on centre disc for a while, it almost disintegrated then it picked up mass again, i dont know if these semi detached filament tornadoes have a name or if they count as filaments but i thought this would be the place to post it. edit. its about half way to smack dab centre disc now and its not easy to see, at least on the current images im looking at here

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 08-23-50 SDO Solar Dynamics Observatory.png

This picture looks like the limb what do you mean center disk? Or is the pic unrelated?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maciej Dunst said:

Another very big filament lifted off at 8:30 UTC (NE quadrant, near the disc center). Should be at least partially earth directed. 

I’m not seeing anything on SUVI - where are you seeing it?

3 minutes ago, Maciej Dunst said:

You think it fell back to the sun surface? 

I don't know what I think myself lol, the first one just disappeared, didn't really see it shoot off, there's another one in the exact same location still lifting

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:59 AM, MinYoongi said:

This picture looks like the limb what do you mean center disk? Or is the pic unrelated?

sorry for the late reply i only just saw you asked
the pic is where it started from as i saw it on the way in, and it kept form for a quarter of a turn, then it was so difficult to see so i figured that would be the best pic to illustrate it.
i cant even see it now, tho it might be there still, it just got super obscured as the sun rotated

i just went back and had a look on the purple sun (AIA 211) and it looks like it actually released immediately before the north western blast, it was quite the fizzle 🙄 compared to everything else that just happened 😄

Edited by cheebee
added a comma :)

5 hours ago, Maciej Dunst said:

Another very big filament lifted off at 8:30 UTC (NE quadrant, near the disc center). Should be at least partially earth directed. 

Looking at 193 it appears it basically all fell back 

Good evening, 

First, thank you for the great posts on this forum, it is a pleasure to follow the threads :)

I think this one close to 3576 is getting interesting with its extremities (very)slowly extending. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9162a61c2867954123230ffbca23107a.jpeg

• Sam Warfel changed the title to Filaments (de-commissioned)