Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I’m trying to see where but I cannot find it, would you be so kind to show me? 

White arrow = Delta trying to form

Green arrow = Penumbral growth of opposite polarity that's currently ongoing in that whole area.

2ac01362bae4a3cab745f82cc4cbab06.jpg

But we just have to wait and see as It's in a growing phase, anything can happen.

• Like 2

Not quite sure either, something triggered it to flare & now it's triggering itself all around the area lol

It's even breaking Spaceweatherlives automatic alert push notifications, 3 for the same flare 😅

10 minutes ago, Tyler Briggs said:

All eyes on the next 5 hours. 

why 5 hours? 

Just now, Sam Warfel said:

This was a really weird flare, so slow it doesn’t look like a flare at all 

thats a long duration event, dont you remember the 6h C-Class flare back a while? 

29 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

Sunspot 3191 is growing.

since when? nice :) 

1 minute ago, Sam Warfel said:

I do not 

was in 2021 i think or 2020 

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Not quite sure either, something triggered it to flare & now it's triggering itself all around the area lol

It's even breaking Spaceweatherlives automatic alert push notifications, 3 for the same flare 😅

i think new growing spots flare more because they still need to repress the underlying magnetic fields or something along those lines, theyre basically super tangled and not stable and sorted which makes them more prone to flaring, i think. 

1 hour ago, mozy said:

White arrow = Delta trying to form

Green arrow = Penumbral growth of opposite polarity that's currently ongoing in that whole area.

2ac01362bae4a3cab745f82cc4cbab06.jpg

But we just have to wait and see as It's in a growing phase, anything can happen.

@mozy no change as of 02:45 UTC 

12 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

are there more regions to turn into view or only faculae?

I suspect that there could be another region coming in behind AR3192 in the northern hemisphere. Last rotation we had AR3171 at Carrington 98, N23. It lost area once it passed centre disk, but may have developed again on farside.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mozy said:

Might have another flare-maker on our doorstep, eruption spotted from the southeastern limb.

Howdy!

Im not gonna count on that SE limb til it comes around the bend… for some reason, it likes to flare right around the bend… lol

But we can hope…

Cheers

W&A

On 1/13/2023 at 9:47 PM, MinYoongi said:

yeah like i said theres something going on between the two areas 

55a9124512e40d8b190783870d15c5d3.png

Howdy,

Nice pic. Only the base of these loops and connections were visible today in H-a, I was wondering if they connected up, but hadn’t had a chance to look. In H-a, there was another feature right in between. 
On the west limb, there were several filaments and plasma features that really showed well as 3D….

Cheer.

W&A

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WildWill said:

Nice pic. Only the base of these loops and connections were visible today in H-a, I was wondering if they connected up, but hadn’t had a chance to look. In H-a, there was another feature right in between. 
On the west limb, there were several filaments and plasma features that really showed well as 3D….

Cheer.

W&A

this picture is 2-3 weeks old :o 

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

this picture is 2-3 weeks old :o 

Very similar feature today, looked like trees coming out of the side if the sun, you could see the curved branches… guess I’ll have a look at SDO and a couple of others.

This is pretty cool… the first one that goes of on AR13199 is the one I caught… (Ellerman bomb)

https://gong2.nso.edu/products/scaleView/view.php?configFile=configs/hAlpha.cfg&productIndex=0

Cheers. 

Edited by WildWill

Howdy All Y’all!

I know it don’t look like much, but there’s something a foot here! Check it out… we still have C Level flux!  It’s not down to mid “B- Boring”… 

Gonna be socked in for 6 days according the weather guy…

Glad we have eyes in the sky! 😏

Cheers.

W&A

7 hours ago, WildWill said:

I know it don’t look like much, but there’s something a foot here! Check it out… we still have C Level flux!  It’s not down to mid “B- Boring”… 

Looks like at least some of that flaring is from the new incoming region in the southern hemisphere. SolarSoft pinned a C5.3 from there earlier. Hopefully something new to watch now that the big regions are disappearing over the limb.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Looks like at least some of that flaring is from the new incoming region in the southern hemisphere. SolarSoft pinned a C5.3 from there earlier. Hopefully something new to watch now that the big regions are disappearing over the limb.

It's old 3182 - we have new hopes 😊IMG_20230128_120000.thumb.jpg.2b1cf26114460df650d8d74fb7914af3.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/28/2023 at 5:26 PM, Andrey M said:

It's old 3182 - we have new hopes 😊IMG_20230128_120000.thumb.jpg.2b1cf26114460df650d8d74fb7914af3.jpg

I cannot help feeling that Solar Soft were being rather optimistic assigning the flare to old AR 3182. The only C5.3 flare in recent days was recorded at 07:27 on Friday 27th. That timing would put (AR3182) about 4 days from the limb.

I think it is much more likely that it came from the old AR3181 located on a similar latitude but about 50 degrees closer to the limb.

• Like 2