Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Is that considered an impulsive flare? Yeah it is, im wondering where the complexity lays in it lol

It does not appear eruptive, unlike earlier flares from the region

Edit: Actually nevermind, that small stream of plasma is still erupting constantly from that region lol

But nothing significant, really minor

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mozy said:

This region is a good example that shows how we really have to wait a whole lot more than you would think to know how the sunspots actually look, it looks so wimpy but yet so active.

"An area of severely foreshortened magnetic gauss was visible in NASA/SDO
HMI magnetograms along the northeast limb, however, as of this report
only facula was noted in the area. This active region was the source of
some limb activity to include surges, sprays, and a likely flare that
occurred in conjunction with the X1.9 flare from Region 3184, and thus
its intensity was unknown."

From Noaa. What is "Magnetic Gauss" supposed to be?

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:
"An area of severely foreshortened magnetic gauss was visible in NASA/SDO
HMI magnetograms along the northeast limb, however, as of this report
only facula was noted in the area. This active region was the source of
some limb activity to include surges, sprays, and a likely flare that
occurred in conjunction with the X1.9 flare from Region 3184, and thus
its intensity was unknown."

From Noaa. What is "Magnetic Gauss" supposed to be?

Good question 😅

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I do not agree with this tweet, i think its not too occulted. what do you say @Orneno ? (fellow grand master >:D! I caught up!)

I get disappointed when accounts with a decent amount of followers post this kind of stuff, they should know better considering their bio.. 

Definitely not an X-class.

15 minutes ago, mozy said:

I get disappointed when accounts with a decent amount of followers post this kind of stuff, they should know better considering their bio.. 

Definitely not an X-class.

Yeah, it’s frustrating. I mean, he should be a pro.

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

I do not agree with this tweet, i think its not too occulted. what do you say @Orneno ? (fellow grand master >:D! I caught up!)

This tweet is incorrect, the flare originated on this side of the limb, see attached imagery.

GG! It’s the best rank 😎😎

E4E0B463-A61C-4600-8DBA-D747C54CE222.jpeg

B934A38C-46C9-448F-A062-4BF6BF949960.jpeg

You can see the center of the flare is clearly on this side of the horizon:image.thumb.png.09587c039b18135b4c877d34c2cc8672.png

As also seen in AIA 1600, the yellow image above 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

And our first glimpse of the region is not that big of a wow but we'll see how it evolves and in a few days have a better look magnetically.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-01-10 om 07.16.52.png

According to Noaa's latest synoptic map from this morning only 20% chance of C flares, rest 1%. Makes absolutely no sense to me.. At first i thought maybe the low numbers because of the difficulties with it just sitting on the limb and its not as perfectly visible in magnetograms etc. but when other regions were severely foreshortened they got a higher ranking. for an example the region that produced the X on Jan.3 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Latest GONG Image

Possibly Big regions comming? @3gMike recurrent? Any info on this last rotational wise? :) 

circa 3-4 days until they arrive on limb

The region in northern hemisphere is consistent with AR3169 from last rotation, when it produced 56 C flares and a couple of small M flares.

The region in the southern hemisphere is consistent with AR3170 from last rotation, when it was not particularly exciting, producing 10 C flares before fading out mid-disk. Given that GONG is showing them to be similar strength it may have developed on the farside.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1