IlikeAuroras

On 03/10/2022 at 18:53, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Rien à craindre, c'est normal pour un soleil qui approche de son maximum solaire dans ce 25e cycle. De fortes éruptions solaires ne nous feront pas de mal, profitez simplement de la météo spatiale et de la magnifique aurore qui peut suivre.

Hi👋🏽,

please i would like to know if it will be possible to enjoy the aurora from north africa, specifically tunisia? If so, do we have an idea of when it might appear?

Thank you🙏🏽

15 minuten geleden, EgoSpace_SN1993J zei:

Hi👋🏽,

please i would like to know if it will be possible to enjoy the aurora from north africa, specifically tunisia? If so, do we have an idea of when it might appear?

Thank you🙏🏽

the odds for that are very low, about once in a solar cycle (1 time in 11 years) and even then it's not a certainty 😉 last cycle we didn't have a severe geomagnetic storm so it's from October 2003 that it has been the case 😉 best is to do a trip to the north where the odds are higher.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

I’m not seeing any CME signatures whatsoever in STEREO/LASCO imagery surprisingly. 

Strange. Anyone know what this CME is from? Looks like the right location to be from the flare, but the time is too early (sorry time stamp is gone, had to crop image to upload, time was 2022/10/07 9:24)

Screenshot (66).png

5 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Beta Delta

Looks like sadly some further decay in the region. I only see this small delta now, it looks like the big one in the center has finally split apart (sorry image is gone, it was there, but the link broke and it is now not retrievable).

Edited by CMEHunter
Broken link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CMEHunter said:

Strange. Anyone know what this CME is from? Looks like the right location to be from the flare, but the time is too early (sorry time stamp is gone, had to crop image to upload, time was 2022/10/07 9:24)

Screenshot (66).png

Hi @CMEHunter . This CME is from a subtle filament eruption in the NW portion of the disk early this morning 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

Hi @CMEHunter . This CME is from a subtle filament eruption in the NW portion of the disk early this morning 

👍Thanks, I missed seeing that filament somehow (I see it now though going back)

Edited by CMEHunter

1 hour ago, CMEHunter said:

Looks like sadly some further decay in the region. I only see this small delta now, it looks like the big one in the center has finally split apart.

latest_2048_HMIBC (1).jpg

The big one has definitely not split apart; you must look at the intensitygram to see the penumbrae.

18 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

The big one has definitely not split apart; you must look at the intensitygram to see the penumbrae.

Sorry, yes, I did look at the intensitygram and thought I saw a clearer split/line between penumbrae, but I see now that they're still merged, if not by a lot.

On 10/7/2022 at 2:25 AM, MinYoongi said:

It has regrown a little bit, i just compared pictures.

So you think there are not multiple deltas? Las time i checked it slightly regrew.

Sorry for late reply Min been away. 

From SWPC

.24 hr Summary... Solar activity reached moderate levels due to a long-duration M1/1f at 07/1444 UTC from Region 3116 (N29W00, Dai/beta). Slight decay was observed in the intermediate spots of Region 3116. Slight decay was also observed in Regions 3115 (S18W52, Cao/beta), 3117 (S11W39, Axx/alpha), and in the intermediate and trailing spots of Region 3112 (N23W04, Fkc/beta-delta). Slight growth was observed in Region 3119 (N28E31, Bxo/beta). The westernmost spots of Region 3112 was split off and numbered as Region 3120 (N20W20, Hax/alpha).

Let's unpack this. AR13112 is now the middle section of what was old AR13112. It has lost its gamma configuration because there there isn't polarity intermixing however it has retained its delta status due to the small southern delta below the two major spots. The area to the right of this group has split away and is now separately numbered AR13120.

Growth has again been observed in those two major spots red and blue, but IMO they have not become more complex it is barely a delta.

Hopefully this has cleared up what is going on here.

N.

Memo_20221008_181744_01-1.jpg

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 3