IlikeAuroras

This sunspot region spewed out 3 M-flares in the past 24 hours, and it hasn't weakened yet. It has only 1 sunspot, which got me interested in this region. AR3112 got my hopes up because this region is active!

This is how active AR3112 is:

Screenshot_20220930-143317_SpaceWeatherLive.thumb.jpg.322901ad91a964c3e31d25b1db79f068.jpg

I don't see signs of AR3112 becoming weaker, so lets cross our fingers that this region spews out an X-flare!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IlikeAuroras said:

This sunspot region spewed out 3 M-flares in the past 24 hours, and it hasn't weakened yet. It has only 1 sunspot, which got me interested in this region. AR3112 got my hopes up because this region is active!

This is how active AR3112 is:

Screenshot_20220930-143317_SpaceWeatherLive.thumb.jpg.322901ad91a964c3e31d25b1db79f068.jpg

I don't see signs of AR3112 becoming weaker, so lets cross our fingers that this region spews out an X-flare!

This region is very large and magnetically complex. Opposite polarities all jumbled together. This is the most impressive looking AR I’ve seen in a while!3AD24E45-1D55-4FD1-9D12-8FCCE57F7745.thumb.jpeg.7ec948fca1acb05b585f427f72a13017.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

in their forecast discussion noaa calls them 2 seperate AR's i think.

Hi Min, The NOAA forecast does refer to two ARs, but the second (AR3113) is at N16W14, so not related.

The current location given for AR3112 is N20, Carrington 62 which places it halfway between the previous locations of ARs 3094 and 3098, so there has obviously been some development in that region. Looking at SDO images it seems that there are  more spots coming into view at a higher latitude. The jsoc farside image also indicates more to come after that, so I would expect more than one region to be defined.

hi again
i'm really sry, tried different browsers, even uploaded the gif to giphy, but today is not my day, the gif doesnt show up there. you have to be fast for stereo ahead, or you miss it.
i uploaded the gif on giphy as stargazergif, tags: stereo, sun, 20221001. maybe it shows up later?
otherwise it will be visible later on spaceweatherlive i guess.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fanaticstargazer said:

hi again
i'm really sry, tried different browsers, even uploaded the gif to giphy, but today is not my day, the gif doesnt show up there. you have to be fast for stereo ahead, or you miss it.
i uploaded the gif on giphy as stargazergif, tags: stereo, sun, 20221001. maybe it shows up later?
otherwise it will be visible later on spaceweatherlive i guess.

please just tell me WHEN to look at the Data. There was no notable size eruption in the past like 12 hours so im confused.

Sorry you cant upload a Gif, i wish i could help.

Can btw someone tell me if the region really is beta delta? why no gamma? where exactly are the deltas?

"

new Region 3112 (N21E72,
Dao/beta-delta). However, an accurate classification of Region 3112 was
not possible due to limb proximity."

26 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

beta delta? why no gamma? where exactly are the deltas?

"

new Region 3112 (N21E72,
Dao/beta-delta). However, an accurate classification of Region 3112 was
not possible due to limb proximity."

You basically answered your own question with that.

Too far away still, but it does appear to possibly have a delta.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

Just now, mozy said:

You basically answered your own question with that.

Too far away still, but it does appear to possibly have a delta.

I know, just confused as to why no Gamma assignment. I mean yeah, low confidence n stuff, but assigning a Delta is more difficult than Gamma imo.

Thats why i searched / asked for (possible) deltas.

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I know, just confused as to why no Gamma assignment. I mean yeah, low confidence n stuff, but assigning a Delta is more difficult than Gamma imo.

Thats why i searched / asked for (possible) deltas.

I’m not sure either, but despite this, the region (or region of regions) is looking very complex! Multiple opposing polarities all mixed in with one another should bring good offerings for us 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isatsuki San said:

must my point of view is a beta delta  I don't see any gamma zone just a delta in the small center

gammaish.png

This whole area looks quite gamma to me. We'll have to wait a little bit more to get a clearer correspondence between the i-gram intensities within the respective polarities, but by the looks of it there seems to be at least some groups of spots of different polarity that are not easily separable with a single line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

gammaish.png

This whole area looks quite gamma to me. We'll have to wait a little bit more to get a clearer correspondence between the i-gram intensities within the respective polarities, but by the looks of it there seems to be at least some groups of spots of different polarity that are not easily separable with a single line.

And where are the deltas?

Also, yes, quite gamma-ry.

Can someone help me with SDO, seems to be down for me?

@Philalethes Bythos Im just confused because Noaa lists it as Beta, Spaceweatherlive did as Beta Delta and now beta gamma delta and im just 1 big pile of confusion. would you let me see your next gif? they make it so much easier! :)❤️ 

2 hours ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

gammaish.png

I see it's a gamma now. It shows in the Region 3112 info tab and the sunspot regions section in Real-time Solar activity that it's a Beta-Gamma-Delta class region.

image.thumb.jpeg.07afe62652c185b222c8896e6dadbe17.jpeg

20221001_144025.thumb.jpg.8f8910318ef5f9943c951524a7930ab9.jpg

We can all say that it's a Beta-Gamma-Delta class region. A powerful region indeed. It might be less powerful due to the region being in the limb of the sun, so yeah we gotta wait a bit.

1 minute ago, IlikeAuroras said:

We can all say that it's a Beta-Gamma-Delta class region. A powerful region indeed. It might be less powerful due to the region being in the limb of the sun, so yeah we gotta wait a bit.

This could  have the power to fire off an X class. But we will have to see

• Like 1