IlikeAuroras

8 hours ago, Landon Moeller said:

Background flux is very low again… B6-B9. Very disappointing for what’s currently on the disk

Hello Landon,

There has been some surprise at the lack of activity from this area considering it was BGD. The thought is that because there was little or no connectivity between the areas, they had little impact on each other. When the areas within an AR are connected they tend to interact magnetically with each other, increasing complexity. 

N. 

7 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Dang come on AR3112

Hello SFT, yeah it has been somewhat underwhelming lately.😄

N.

There has been some growth in the trailing spots of AR13112. Maybe gamma as well now: BGD.

N. 

Memo_20221009_110209_01-1.jpg

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Newbie said:

There has been some growth in the trailing spots of AR13112. Maybe gamma as well now: BGD

Officially listed by noaa now: BGD. Well, if it comes back to life, it'll only be following the pattern - active on the east limb, quiet facing earth, active on the west limb (although it still has a couple days to give us a CME)😀

Edited by CMEHunter
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Now I finally see who is behind all these bait-and-switch regions...

illumagneti.jpg

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

6 hours ago, Hannah Cultosaur Sol said:

All this is so interesting but I really don't understand it very well. Guess I'll have to read up on it a bit. Lol it's still really cool.

Don’t worry, you’ll get it. It takes a while though. I’m still learning and I’ve been here for almost a year lol

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, Hannah Cultosaur Sol said:

All this is so interesting but I really don't understand it very well. Guess I'll have to read up on it a bit. Lol it's still really cool.

Hi👋, I had the same problem.

Indeed, to understand, what is said in this conversation, it is necessary to know the basics of space weather, it is better to start by reading the help section on the site / the application, it explains the basics of space weather. space weather so that you better understand how it works and what to look for.
🙂
https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

lol

The sunspot is now approaching the danger zone where powerful proton storms can happen let’s see if it wakes up and flares.

Tbh there's nothing "dangerous" about anything this spot could produce, or even most any spot

Edited by Orneno
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

Three flares in the same area the nod has gone to 3116 for the M flare how they differentiated idk. Must be a whisker in it. Lol

C3.6 3112, C7.1 3112, M1 3116.

N.

EDIT Another site has reported it as 3112.  2- 2. We await further updates with bated breath. 😄

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Don’t worry, you’ll get it. It takes a while though. I’m still learning and I’ve been here for almost a year lol

TY Solarflaretracker200. 

16 hours ago, EgoSpace_SN1993J said:

Hi👋, I had the same problem.

Indeed, to understand, what is said in this conversation, it is necessary to know the basics of space weather, it is better to start by reading the help section on the site / the application, it explains the basics of space weather. space weather so that you better understand how it works and what to look for.
🙂
https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help.html

Hi  EgoSpace..... TY for the heads up and the link. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Newbie said:

Three flares in the same area the nod has gone to 3116 for the M flare how they differentiated idk. Must be a whisker in it. Lol

C3.6 3112, C7.1 3112, M1 3116.

N.

EDIT Another site has reported it as 3112.  2- 2. We await further updates with bated breath. 😄

SWPC goes with 3112 as well

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

LDE? What does that mean??

Hello SFT, LDE - long duration event usually over 30 minutes or more as opposed to impulsive - over in a few minutes. LDE's usually produce a CME..... but not always. 

N.

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1