AR2993/2994: X flare!

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Thank you! Is this significant evolvement? I may have a picture from yesterday on my PC, im searching :) 

Not really, but that wasn't there yesterday & if this keeps up we might have more flaring in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Then it’s good to look first before posting anything 😉 both regions are beta regions so nothing is going on. 

I stated this so maybe someone could tell me where to look, and that happened. Wasnt meant to just post for the sake of it, rather overwhelmed by 2 really big ARs and looking for help where to look.

Also: I think were seeing a low C-Class LDE 🤔

12 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

I stated this so maybe someone could tell me where to look, and that happened. Wasnt meant to just post for the sake of it, rather overwhelmed by 2 really big ARs and looking for help where to look.

Also: I think were seeing a low C-Class LDE 🤔

Size doesn’t matter, it’s the magnetic complexity that matters! And if it’s simple beta it isn’t worth talking about 😉

Just now, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Size doesn’t matter, it’s the magnetic complexity that matters! And if it’s simple beta it isn’t worth talking about 😉

Size does matter when i dont know where to look! ☺️☺️🥲

Its sad how quick they decayed. Still pretty to look at and remember and hope for the future! 

Might be boring to you, but the C2 background really interests me. Seems stable? 🤔

7 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

Size does matter when i dont know where to look! ☺️☺️🥲

Its sad how quick they decayed. Still pretty to look at and remember and hope for the future! 

Might be boring to you, but the C2 background really interests me. Seems stable? 🤔

Well you need to look at HMI and HMIIF imagery to determine the magnetic complexity. The rules are simple and are explained in our article in the help section. Basics: one spot one polarity = alpha; two polarities = beta; if you can’t draw a line between the different polarities = beta-gamma; if there is a spot of opposite polarity in the umbrae of a sunspot = delta; if there is a region where polarities are so mixed you can’t draw a line between two polarities and there’s a delta spot = beta-gamma-delta. 

and yes C is boring as this isn’t getting nowhere. M is somewhat interesting and X is very interesting  😜

True!

Anyways, still a relatively above c Background right now.

Looking at SDO/SUVI something is def. going on in 2993/4 but.. what? I dont know if it could be called a flare, since it jitters slightly up and down all the time and its not very bright in imagery.

Also.. there seems to be a weak delta in the northern penumbrae. Atleast when i look at pictures from a few hours back. :) will look again when on PC later.

Update: it is indeed beta-delta. Confirmed by Noaa 😀😊

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

And if it’s simple beta it isn’t worth talking about 😉

"The region exhibited
overall consolidation and slight area growth, along with a delta
magnetic configuration in its large leader group. Region 2994 (N14W20,
Ekc/beta-gamma) produced a few C-class flares and showed slight area
growth and a gamma magnetic configuration."

This does not give me "simple boring beta" 🤔

1 hour ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Oh look at that, AR2994 is now being interesting. Looks to be more active then yesterday I think. 

Magnetically or activity (flares) ? :)  Yeah 93 is bland.

So the Background Flux rose, steady C level for 2+ hours. Has it gained complexity or is it due to the new regions? I'm gonna take a look at the magnetic maps :D 

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Activity? Yes. Magnetically I say yes as well 

Solar flux has been almost in the C area all day now and is been rinsing more into the C area. 

But sadly theyre departing if im not wrong 😕 

i wait for a statement of @mozy :D