AR2993/2994: X flare!

17 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I think 2994 is developing deltas around the more eastern of the two major spots! It’s not much yet, but very interesting to watch 

But didnt a few hours back others say no deltas? Or do you mean what Vancanneyt pointed out a few posts above?

4 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

not delta as it isn’t in the penumbral area of the main polarity. But there is a tiny little speck (get the magnifying glass) visible that is opposite polarity but it has to grow in the northern part of the trailing spot between two spots:

138BB43A-0901-42CD-A897-B1ED4879FE3F.jpeg0AEC5447-B383-427C-BACC-F5DA91359835.jpegin 2993 there is hope in the northern part where the penumbral area of spots of opposite polarity try to merge with the main polarity which is interesting:

D91E76B1-5240-4642-979A-4A8A4ADEE6A8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Or do you mean what Vancanneyt pointed out a few posts above?

Yeah, that one, and a think others may join it, although it’s too early to tell 

I only said it’s trying, it’s a long way away from actually developing them into spots. 

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

I think 2994 is developing deltas around the more eastern of the two major spots! It’s not much yet, but very interesting to watch 

though it seems apparent that solar activity has decreased in the past few hours, with the background flux dropping to the boundary of C

9 minutes ago, Bedreamon said:

An hour-long flare would be considered a long duration one, right? I feel like it would, but I don't know.

Not really, more like at least 2 hours (I think)

I’d consider the C7 a short long-duration flare. It’s super weird though with the way the ramp up is as slow as the ramp down. 

1 hour ago, abc said:

wow it seems a long duration one

It’s rebounded!

M1 flare!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Not really, more like at least 2 hours (I think)

I’d consider the C7 a short long-duration flare. It’s super weird though with the way the ramp up is as slow as the ramp down. 

It’s rebounded!

M1 flare!

What does Rebounded mean?

I wonder whats causing those 2 slow flares. Anyone got an idea?

20 minutes ago, Orneno said:

These slow flares are interesting, I’ll be eager to see if any CMEs were launched. 

Have you checked Stereo or looked for dimmings? Or is it too early?

Why are they interesting? I did not expect the M one ! Happened really quick afterwards. I believe even before the first really ended.

Edited by MinYoongi
Im tired, did a typo

4 uren geleden, MinYoongi zei:

Have you checked Stereo or looked for dimmings? Or is it too early?

Why are they interesting? I did not expect the M one ! Happened really quick afterwards. I believe even before the first really ended.

nothing interesting, they where not eruptive (too short for that) and dimming was very limited. The magnetic loop didn't even break.

2 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

nothing interesting, they where not eruptive (too short for that) and dimming was very limited. The magnetic loop didn't even break.

Ah shucks.. i remember the 6 Hour C-Class flare in November :D

"Region 12993 [N20E09] became more complex as the opposite polarity umbrae to the north of the largest penumbra are merging with that penumbra."

Is this true? If yes, is that the Delta we all are waiting on? Noaa didnt mention that though but I remember some here talking about this happening i think. :)

33 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

"Region 12993 [N20E09] became more complex as the opposite polarity umbrae to the north of the largest penumbra are merging with that penumbra."

Is this true? If yes, is that the Delta we all are waiting on? Noaa didnt mention that though but I remember some here talking about this happening i think. :)

It has already decayed a lot so there's that... Both regions are kinda decaying at this point.

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Right when u say this miss thing pops an M3.

As per usual, but doesn't change the fact that the region looks way less interesting now😎

However that northern part could still evovle into something more interesting again, the flare came from that location aswell.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mozy said:

As per usual, but doesn't change the fact that the region looks way less interesting now😎

However that northern part could still evovle into something more interesting again, the flare came from that location aswell.

Yeah, lets wait and see. I think youre an aurora photographer as well right? I wish you good luck! 

I think its fascinating how those extremely impulsive flares have no indicators really. Atleast none i know of.

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Yeah, lets wait and see. I think youre an aurora photographer as well right? I wish you good luck! 

I think its fascinating how those extremely impulsive flares have no indicators really. Atleast none i know of.

Wouldn't really call myself an active aurora photographer but I do take photos when it does appear yes. Also starting to get too bright here so gotta wait for autumn to arrive

There is some mixing in the northern part where the flare came from, if those spots grow bigger than we can expect more flaring for sure, but these impulsive ones are so uninteresting

Edited by mozy

1 minute ago, mozy said:

There is some mixing in the northern part where the flare came from, if those spots grow bigger than we can expect more flaring for sure, but these impulsive ones are so uninteresting

Because theyre mostly non eruptive, right? 😕 Im sorry, friendo. 

I dont see any substantial eruption from this event either btw.