AR2993/2994: X flare!

4 minutes ago, mozy said:

Don't worry, I know ur not being offensive, there really isn't a delta spot, I never look at their official forecasts because they're always hella late & wrong a lot of the times because of that.

Thats sad. So you and @Orneno are positive that theres no delta?

Why did the X-Ray Background climbing so much then? :o

Thank you guys :)

1 minute ago, mozy said:

AR2995 had a small little eruption right as the M1 peaked, probably from there it managed to climb a little more to M1.2

So the flare of interest wasnt as strong? I wondered about the lil up-bump after it started to go down.

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

So the flare of interest wasnt as strong? I wondered about the lil up-bump after it started to go down.

Yeah I immediately went to check on SUVI when it started to go up a little again and spotted it right away.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I wouldn’t say it’s ended. It’s ramping down, but it appears to be long-duration and is ramping down very slowly. 

Hmmm. :) you guys should be more excited :D ! Or is nobody making a fuzz cause it was low class M ?

4 minutes ago, Bedreamon said:

As far as I know, long-duration flares can have more potency even if it's just a high C-Class flare. I could be completely wrong, though, but that's the general vibe I get when it comes to the term 'long-duration'.

Potency in regards to what?  

3 minutes ago, Bedreamon said:

CME potential, I guess. Like a quick M1 flare producing a CME that isn't as fast as a long-duration M1 flare. But that could just be me completely misinterpreting the term.

I dont see anything in stereo yet. I dont know if it was eruptive at all. 

Rising again 🧐

1 minute ago, Orneno said:

You are correct in saying even a high-C-class flare can produce a decent CME if it’s long-duration. We didn’t get a radio emission from this, but the potential for a CME is still there. We will wait for LASCO

Im watching Stereo because that updates faster. I also tried looking for dimmings.

Update: M again ! Looks way more impulsive though right?

1 minute ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Both 93 and 94 are BGD, gaining complexity. 

I just read that in noaas forecast, but are we sure this time? 

7 hours ago, mozy said:

No.

Oh 😕

@Solarflaretracker200 Im unsure because i read this on Solen.info 4 hours ago

Region 12993 [N20W31] decayed further with fragmentation of the main penumbral area and several small spots disappearing. The region was active early on April 25 producing a long duration M1.2 flare peaking at 02:00 and an impulsive M1.2 flare at 04:02 UT.
Region 12994 [N14W25] decayed slowly but could still produce M flares. 

This combined with Noaa calling one of them Beta gamma delta yesterday with @mozy and @Orneno pointing out no deltas to be visible has made me suspicious of noaa :D