AR2993/2994: X flare!

14 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I'm sorry, I am not being clear. Why I hope they don't do that because there will be no CME's directed towards Earth. I want them to do that because heck yes I will take another day with 35 solar flares in a single day. 

I do think they might be in a cme position still. idk yet

On 4/23/2022 at 4:23 AM, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Like you already know, sunspots are like magnets, each spot has a positive or negative polarity. So just like a magnet there is a magnetic field line going from the positive to the negative. The magnetic loop you see is connected with two sunspots, along the magnetic field line flows mass of the Sun making it good visible on the AIA imagery. During a strong solar flare, these loops can break and unleash a CME

But in this case, the loop likely won't break as it hasn't broke with each of the impulsive solar flares we have had. And with the current magnetic state it's not going to give big bangers. 2994 is now a simple beta region (no longer beta-gamma as it's now easy to draw a line between the two polarities). 2993 has shrunken and continues its slow decay, still some mixing (beta-gamma as you can't draw a line between the two polarities) but nothing fancy anymore.

Quick question related to the big loop. My understanding that "magnetic complexity" (lots of tangled and twisted, but smaller field lines) are the usual source of flares. Field lines break, sometimes resulting in a flare. After the flare, the field lines reorganize and reconnect into a larger, more orderly state. The reorganization results in more "cooperative" alignment of the magnetic fields, which actually produces a stronger, more stable field over a larger area, resulting in a big loop.

In other words, disorganized local magnetic fields result in conflict and instability. When field lines organize together it produces a more stable and larger "structure" that we see as big tall loops.

Or is that totally wrong?  Haha.

And i also think that might be the reason the X-Ray Background is so high again. But sadly no one seems to be interested in the two anymore :c 

2 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Well this just might get interesting 

With 2993?

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

With 2993?

Well not just 93 but also 94. Two seemed to get more complex over the last 24 hours. I watched 93 form a beta gamma delta over the hours which was pretty cool. 

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Background is so high again. But sadly no one seems to be interested in the two anymore :c 

I am still interested 

Edited by Solarflaretracker200
Spelling error

3 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Well not just 93 but also 94. Two seemed to get more complex over the last 24 hours. I watched 93 form a beta gamma delta over the hours which was pretty cool. 

I am still interested 

Great to hear youre still interested! Did the Delta form that quickly? 12 Hours ago it was Beta-Delta so it seemed to form Gammas? I dont really know how to word this right. 

I've read today that they started their departure, so how long do we have left for good CME's? 

Also, are they growing/evolving moderately or fast? @mozy said still boring but i do think an upgrade from beta to beta-gamma-delta is a big thing.. albeit not knowing if the delta(s) are big or whimsikal.

30 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

But Noaa just said it in their forecast o: 12h ago it was beta-gamma and 30 min ago beta-gamma-delta. Are you sure? (Not offensive)

Don't worry, I know ur not being offensive, there really isn't a delta spot, I never look at their official forecasts because they're always hella late & wrong a lot of the times because of that.

Edited by mozy