AR2993/2994: X flare!

All I see are jpegs

2 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

It was mostly just an impulsive flare followed by C-Class flare, but it is nice to see

Seems it actually is either an ongoing event of some kind, or an impressive new background.Ā image.thumb.png.0da007b8faa889a4cc4e1b7e1edba203.png

What do you guys make of that?

The loop the CME hit is one big constant C5 flareĀ image.png.182a88bb034ea782e367701b7354f039.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orneno said:

All I see are jpegs

Seems it actually is either an ongoing event of some kind, or an impressive new background.Ā image.thumb.png.0da007b8faa889a4cc4e1b7e1edba203.png

The loop the CME hit is one big constant C5 flareĀ image.png.182a88bb034ea782e367701b7354f039.png

Isnt that a Post Eruptive Loop?

1 minute ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Magnetic reconnection takes place post flare. The magnetic loops get then very bright with higher flux like we see now.

is it a background flux then

Magnetic reconnection takes place post flare. The magnetic loops get then very bright with higher flux like we see now.

So thats normal? Will then the Xrays go down or another flare happen?:D im glad i somehow got it right!

28 minutes ago, Orneno said:

All I see are jpegs

He fixed the links, but you have to use the links in the original post. Quoted links are still bad.

• Thanks 1

I still count that as faint šŸ˜œ

Absolutely on board! Im just trying to make it make sense..

@Flareguy18Ā  @OrnenoĀ I dont know how much you two can understand this Tweet but here may be an explanation as to why the Cme/Plasma ejection looked so "weird". Atleast i do think what this Tweet is saying! Also a very interesting Video as eyecandy for you.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Absolutely on board! Im just trying to make it make sense..

@Flareguy18Ā  @OrnenoĀ I dont know how much you two can understand this Tweet but here may be an explanation as to why the Cme/Plasma ejection looked so "weird". Atleast i do think what this Tweet is saying! Also a very interesting Video as eyecandy for you.Ā 

Ā 

That was epic to watch! It definitely looks pretty unique for sure. The "flux rope" is the looping you see when the flare occurs.Ā 

18 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Is one of them degrading?

I'd say both still look impressive. 2994 may have lost a little bit of complexity but not a whole lot. The combined areas are still potent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

@Flareguy18Ā  @OrnenoĀ I dont know how much you two can understand this Tweet but here may be an explanation as to why the Cme/Plasma ejection looked so "weird". Atleast i do think what this Tweet is saying! Also a very interesting Video as eyecandy for you

Very cool, thank you!

Interesting, I just noticed that all the plages around this superregion have vanished. The spots still look good, and complexity is still up, so I think this may be a good sign. Donā€™t faculae often mean more decay than growth?

47 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Ā 

Interesting, I just noticed that all the plages around this superregion have vanished. The spots still look good, and complexity is still up, so I think this may be a good sign. Donā€™t faculae often mean more decay than growth?

Plage/faculae is always seen more when regions are not near center disk, so I assume that's one of the reasons you can't really see it anymore

Edited by mozy
  • Thanks 1