AR 3575

tniickck
Go to solution Solved by Jesterface23,

2 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I don’t know who or what donki is but that’s a fast cme!  Up there with Aug 4 1972 

More like the 2012 one, perhaps; similar position too, heh. Not quite as far beyond the limb though.

Edited by Philalethes

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

More like the 2012 one, perhaps; similar position too, heh. Not quite as far beyond the limb though.

how often do you think do such cmes happen?

maybe interesting read for you guys.

• Cool 1

9 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

We've possibly already had a few somewhat similar this cycle. But with a smaller CME comes a smaller chance of getting hit by one.

I guess only 13 Mar 2023 one will be faster

2 minutes ago, willow said:

hoping to see similar beauty from 3576 next!😁

no way😃

Russian media are already full of shitty news about strong geomagnetic storms from that flare😁

• Sad 1

Just now, Aten said:

3575 seemed to be shrinking as is approached the limb, so I am a bit surprised it was able to produce such a big eruption.

sadly we cant see development when it rotates off sadly

• Cool 1

7 minutes ago, tniickck said:

not X10, but likely X6

6 minutes ago, mozy said:

I agree, X10 seems like a reach, but what do I know 😜

I was trying earlier to find the email of the lead author of the study that estimated X-flare strength from STEREO-A EUVI imagery, and I came across some details where the Halo CME Twitter/X account was listed as their personal website, so I guess that makes me take such a claim more seriously, heh; but in this case it wasn't even fully visible from SA it seems like, and I doubt their statement is based on any such analysis anyway. X10 definitely sounds too high to me as well, but then again I would guess they have a fair bit of experience looking at things based on their published work as a Solar physicist (not just that paper, but a lot of others too).

• Like 3