AR 3575

tniickck
Go to solution Solved by Jesterface23,

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Oh does it? What does that change exactly? (I think more activity?)

groups with reversed polarities have 2 times bigger chance to develop complex magnetic configuration than normal ones. also as far as i know the group that are close to the poles have also bigger chances, but I may be wrong 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

groups with reversed polarities have 2 times bigger chance to develop complex magnetic configuration than normal ones. also as far as i know the group that are close to the poles have also bigger chances, but I may be wrong 

And as of now it has developed a lot since you made this post. 

• Cool 1

36 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

Out of curiosity, how quickly can such a spot grow because it's the first time I've seen one since I started getting interested in space weather.It looks beautiful

@arjemma posted a really cool one day time lapse on this forum a bit ago of an amazing group.  Perhaps she is willing to repost it if she is around.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

Out of curiosity, how quickly can such a spot grow because it's the first time I've seen one since I started getting interested in space weather.It looks beautiful

you should check out AR 2673 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maurizio Marsigli said:

It's an interesting thought, but now it looks even less likely that it's one of the first SC26 spots, since it's demonstrating the growth and complexity of a reverse polarity spot. We probably won't see the SC26 bands start to appear until sometime next year, maybe later this year at the earliest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

bgd already, I'm waiting for it to start flaring

Thank you for the update :)  Have not watched it until now. im not sure if its only gamma or already delta due to the lack of flaring. what do you say @Philalethes @tniickck

i think it has not alot of shear as of now because only the penumbras are touching afaik

42 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Thank you for the update :)  Have not watched it until now. im not sure if its only gamma or already delta due to the lack of flaring. what do you say @Philalethes @tniickck

i think it has not alot of shear as of now because only the penumbras are touching afaik

delta configuration doesnt mean it should always flare. actually, it is good now: usually complex groups first develop, then begin flaring with very strong and eruptive flares or lots of impulsive ones. looking at size of deltas the first option is more possible, so we should just wait and see if it starts making flares or just dissolve

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chronical said:

If it produces a CME what effects would the coronal hole right next to it have on the CME? Right now with its position would the coronal hole push it away?

that’s the main thing i would want to see from this region. i have never seen active sunspot groups this close to CH, so it would be nice to see how the solar wind will affect the CME 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chronical said:

If it produces a CME what effects would the coronal hole right next to it have on the CME? Right now with its position would the coronal hole push it away?

Depends on quite a few factors. The most impactful is normally the solar wind itself, it can either slow down a CME or clear a path allowing it to travel less inhibited. I'm not 100% confident about their magnetic field interactions but I do know that they can't pass thru or absorb each other.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

@arjemma posted a really cool one day time lapse on this forum a bit ago of an amazing group.  Perhaps she is willing to repost it if she is around.  

Here it is (I think) 😎

This was a really nice region.

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, arjemma said:

Here it is (I think) 😎

This was a really nice region.

spacer.png

Yes, that is the example I was remembering.  Tnx @arjemma! Guess we are off topic again here. For clarification, this is a shot of a particularly fast-growing region a few revolutions back this SC and i’ m outta likes again.  Haha. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

10 minuten geleden, Solar_Marcel zei:

When you go to the sunspot groups you dont actually see the region in the picture thats been shown

Well… it came to our attention something was off after a report of a user indicating that the sunspot info of the region wasn’t up to date. After investigating our queries and the database we identified the root cause (it doesn’t happen with all regions but only with some). A fix has been implemented to make sure it can’t happen again. Now the correct information is loaded from the database, so the imagery is now also corrected as it is based from that. (Due to caching it could take up to 1 hour before new images are seen but should be already visible now as seen in the screenshot)

IMG_4401.jpeg

• Like 2

3575 seems to have made CH 96 slowly disappear. I wonder what influence 3575 had in the convective zone/chromosphere. I've observed this over the past 12 hours and I couldn't find any other similar instances.  I don't have the means to post side by side images at this time, I will likely try later.