AR 3575

tniickck
Go to solution Solved by Jesterface23,

54 minutes ago, mozy said:

Surely this one has to start flaring soon, looking more spicy, still growing.

🌶️ :D 

45 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

It’s looking neat, surely an X candidate 😇

I find this region interesting to look at. I wonder why its not flaring? I think we have not even seen a low M-Class from that spot, right? When looking at the intensigrams the Umbrae look to be very close to each other.

However, it's difficult for me to match the magnetogram with the intensigram, sometimes it's just harder with complex regions :)

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

🌶️ :D 

I find this region interesting to look at. I wonder why its not flaring? I think we have not even seen a low M-Class from that spot, right? When looking at the intensigrams the Umbrae look to be very close to each other. 

two possibilites:

1. it preserves energy for strong flares while growing

2. it will dissolve without flaring

I definitely think this one is going to start popping soon. The newest large positive spot to form makes one of the strongest deltas I've seen in a long time, with the penumbra they share being significantly darker rather than the lighter color you typically see when there's some separation. In cases like this I really wish there were some good high-resolution imagery of the field lines so we could see the amount of shear more clearly.

Edited by Philalethes
typo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Philalethes said:

I definitely think this one is going to start popping soon. The newest large positive spot to form makes one of the strongest deltas I've seen in a long time, with the penumbra they share being significantly darker rather than the lighter color you typically see when there's some separation. In cases like this I really wish there were some good high-resolution imagery of the field lines so we could see the amount of shear more clearly.

Looking better & better, It's obviously just waiting a bit so It's further away from the earth facing position 😎

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Philalethes said:

Do you maybe have one of your super nice gifs for what youre describing?  :) thanks for the updates guys

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Do you maybe have one of your super nice gifs for what youre describing?  :) thanks for the updates guys

Yeah, here you can see the area of interest:

latest.gif

The dark penumbral area between the spots is what I was referring to above, and now there seems to be some more positive spots forming near the bottom of the rectangle too. Will surprise me if this dies out without doing much, but as mozy says it's probably just waiting until it's rounded the limb of disappointment...

• Like 2

Who would've thought, now It's erupting suddenly 🙃

Looks eruptive with a CME followed by a filament lifting within the region right after

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1