The return of a banger: AR2992

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

is this the first little sunspot? Does it look like a delta ? (in front of the maybe bigger spots?)

f0c808373a882b3870ccaf5914545f02.png

or is it just plage?

ea7094d4094fdb84fd872733cc846d72.png

to me it looks like 2 little sunspots with a "big" sunspot (very close to the limb)..

It’s too close to the Limb to two if it’s a delta. 

Edited by Solarflaretracker200

45 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Well Stereo B took pictures of the farside and Stereo A which is still around, takes pictures of the earth facing side of the sun. So put the two together... and you had a full field of view of the sun.

Not exactly. They’re constantly changing location. Watch this gif of stereo A and B over 10 years and you’ll see how they don’t always have a full view of the sun.

stereo-orbits-web.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

its okay. what did you originally mean? :D

It’s too close to the Limb to two if it’s a delta=
It’s too close to the limb to see if it’s a delta yet. 

46 minutes ago, Calder said:

Not exactly. They’re constantly changing location. Watch this gif of stereo A and B over 10 years and you’ll see how they don’t always have a full view of the sun.

stereo-orbits-web.gif

Oh that I didn’t know

• Like 1

"

Solar activity is likely to be low with a slight chance for M-class
(R1-R2, Minor-Moderate) flares on 03-05 May due in part to an enhanced
X-ray background near the C1 level as well as the return of old Rgn 2992
on the SE limb."

3 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Stereo B took pictures of the farside and Stereo A which is still around, takes pictures of the earth facing side of the sun. So put the two together... and you had a full field of view of the sun. 

Not quite. @SunspotRager93Stereo A (Ahead) and B (behind) orbited the sun on Earth’s orbit, but ahead and behind it. Their positioning varied over time, sometimes they could see the whole sun, sometimes not. Even when they could, they only had the instruments stereo A has right now. We could not see sunspots, tell magnetic configuration, measure flares, or see many other features. It really is not that much different or more helpful than the helioseismology farside images. 

In case you didn’t know, communication with Stereo B was lost some years ago as it spun out of control and the spacecraft was irretrievably lost. Now we just have stereo A. 

Ah, I see @Calderalready explained this, sorry 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

What about now? :o

Screenshot_20220503-055322_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-055353_Chrome.jpg

MinYoongi, I’m afraid it’s gonna be a while, like a day or two. Take a deep breath

😉

12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

What about now? :o

Screenshot_20220503-055322_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-055353_Chrome.jpg

I do see a lot of plages, that’s not a great sign, although far from a death knell 

• Like 1

55 minuten geleden, Orneno zei:

MinYoongi, I’m afraid it’s gonna be a while, like a day or two. Take a deep breath

😉

I do see a lot of plages, that’s not a great sign, although far from a death knell 

We already know… sunspot activity is shooting up… This means 2992 is a banger! Flux will shoot up also…

4 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Think the new sunspot is driving the flux higher… looks rapidly growing into a complex one…

Is it Growing or turning into view simply? Can anyone answer this? Im so confused.

3 hours ago, mozy said:

Here we go, first M-flare 😎

9d0db98224ab9c275fa03d33b38b6c28.png

Good Catch mozy! I sadly slept through it. Looking better to you today? Or still much faculae like @Orneno said?

8 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Is it Growing or turning into view simply? Can anyone answer this? Im so confused.

Good Catch mozy! I sadly slept through it. Looking better to you today? Or still much faculae like @Orneno said?

Still too close to the limb to even say anything

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Calder said:

stereo-orbits-web.gif

That’s interesting. Well I am going to stop asking questions and try to figure stuff for my self out. I’m seeing this region is becoming really active.