The return of a banger: AR2992

1 minute ago, mozy said:

For now atleast it seems to be ramping up, this is the second flare I've seen back there now.

When was the first? Man, i need to pay better attention :D Is it a new region or another recurrent one?

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

When was the first? Man, i need to pay better attention :D Is it a new region or another recurrent one?

A couple of hours earlier, you could see a small pop on SUVI, I'm thinking this is a new growing one? Not sure myself, haven't been keeping track at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

Definitely something interesting showing up on STEREO, but no sign of it on farside images

205403885_20220505_211500_n7euA_195(1).jpg.03ab296d333b956c0fc98953d459d05c.jpg

Yeah that's what I thought, we'll know soon enough ^^

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

It must've formed really quick then?

Possibly, or perhaps it was not strong enough to be detected on farside and has just become more complex. It's the usual story - Wait and see!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

Possibly, or perhaps it was not strong enough to be detected on farside and has just become more complex. It's the usual story - Wait and see!

What does "something interesting" mean for you guys? Big? Bright? :) For me its sometimes hard to differentiate between boring and interesting spots to watch on the farside/limb.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I think the Region is gaining back complexity? :) @Orneno its not dead yet 🥸

It seems to be growing a bit again, though I'm more curious about It's friend behind the limb.

Edited by mozy

5 minutes ago, mozy said:

It seems to be growing a bit again, though I'm more curious about It's friend behind the limb.

Did it produce another cme or anything noteworthy while i got my well deserved, fine 4hours of sleep?  :D i tried looking at it with Stereo Imagery, but new regions always look the same through that ; a white big blob. 

As to region 3006, It seems to developed a Delta. I dont know if its only one, my delta finding skills are developing slowly :D

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Did it produce another cme or anything noteworthy while i got my well deserved, fine 4hours of sleep?  :D i tried looking at it with Stereo Imagery, but new regions always look the same through that ; a white big blob. 

As to region 3006, It seems to developed a Delta. I dont know if its only one, my delta finding skills are developing slowly :D

No new CME's from what I can see

That delta has most likely been there the whole time due to the M-flares it has put out, just that we can see it more clearly now that's it's rotating into view.

31 minutes ago, mozy said:

No new CME's from what I can see

That delta has most likely been there the whole time due to the M-flares it has put out, just that we can see it more clearly now that's it's rotating into view.

Absolutely possible, yes. Did the trailing spot decay?

23 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

What does "something interesting" mean for you guys? Big? Bright? :) For me its sometimes hard to differentiate between boring and interesting spots to watch on the farside/limb.

For me it seemed to be flaring when I posted yesterday. Looking through the STEREO files for today there was a bit more activity early this morning but nothing much since, so perhaps not that interesting after all😞.