The return of a banger: AR2992

It's true that sunspots can grow quickly, but that can't necessarily be predicted accurately. To me it's very uncertain whether or not a sunspot will grow, decay, or stay the same.
Those northern hemisphere CMEs could be 2992, or it could be some other sunspot entirely.

• Like 1

36 minuten geleden, Bedreamon zei:

It's true that sunspots can grow quickly, but that can't necessarily be predicted accurately. To me it's very uncertain whether or not a sunspot will grow, decay, or stay the same.
Those northern hemisphere CMEs could be 2992, or it could be some other sunspot entirely.

2992 is in the southern sphere

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orneno said:

Hmm, all the CMEs that could be from this region are in the first half of the last 48 hours vid, I’m afraid it appears to have calmed down since then, I did not see any CME from it after that that flurry yesterday. 

One potentially interesting thing is there were a couple nice CMEs from the northern hemisphere, definitely not 2992, but something. 

Thank you! Did you see the Tweet I linked in my previous answer? Did that produce any CME?

3 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

May I remind everybody that a small sunspot can grow into an X10 flare candidate in only 2 days. See the sunspot in September 2017…

And what do you want to say with that? That could technically happen to every 4 Regions on the disk now. And?

2 hours ago, Bedreamon said:

I could not say it better myself! Thank you friend 🙂

18 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

From the 2992 region? Btw, your opinion to that? :3 

No, the filament wasn't near a region

Edit:

b110e8ec59a0cec7a2eafa27694cd33b.jpg

Unless there was a separate event on the farside around the same time.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

Hello!

I am brand new to this website! I have a question that I thought to ask...

Is this AR2992 coming back? If it is, what can it do? Is this a bad or good thing?

I ask because lots of people say it's a bad thing, but it doesn't seem like it so idk. 

1 hour ago, SunspotRager93 said:

Is this AR2992 coming back?

Yes we think it is. 

f it is, what can it do?

It depends on its complexity. 

Is this a bad or good thing?

It’s not bad. I’d say it’s a good thing because we get more activity 

Hello!

I am brand new to this website! I have a question that I thought to ask...

Is this AR2992 coming back? If it is, what can it do? Is this a bad or good thing?

I ask because lots of people say it's a bad thing, but it doesn't seem like it so idk. 

To add to what @Orneno said, AR2992 fired off an X2.25 which is currently the most powerful solar flare of SC25. Which is the cycle we are in, as you may know

27 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

How long until its rotated over the limb? Tuesday?

Probably 

4 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

he's still bringing his pseudo science here again -.- !!! 

To be fair to Patrick, how would that be considered pseudoscience? All he did was state that a region can change fast and gave a factual example of such a region. I may not agree with his planetary alignment theory either, but give the guy a break lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Calder said:

To be fair to Patrick, how would that be considered pseudoscience? All he did was state that a region can change fast and gave a factual example of such a region. I may not agree with his planetary alignment theory either, but give the guy a break lol.

It's still fearmonger-y pseudostuff related to his latest "prediction" so i dont really want it over here.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

The Region seems to have grown yet again. What do you guys think? 

Composite_Map.png

With the lack of activity back there It's better to expect the worse, we only had that C3 flare from there yesterday, that to be fair probably was well over the M range though.

Maybe another X-flare coming out of nowhere only to be quiet once it rotates in once again 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

The Region seems to have grown yet again. What do you guys think? 

Composite_Map.png

Its brightness does look interesting on STEREO and it has been flaring a bit, but the lack of CMEs in the last 48 hours has me thinking that it has lost some of its complexity. Only time will tell.

FFFD25F2-CB04-45E4-9CB6-1E0056AF8567.jpeg

Edited by Calder
Added that it has been flaring and fixed a grammatical error