AR2993/2994: X flare!

7 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Something is sure going on 

Can we not resort to such speculative terminology? It does not add anything of value to the topic/discussion and its highly speculative.

There is a Flare going on. Not "something"

Lets not start to talk like those fearmonger Idiots on Twitter please thanks.

Edited by MinYoongi

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Can we not resort to such speculative terminology? It does not add anything of value to the topic/discussion and its highly speculative.

There is a Flare going on. Not "something"

Lets not start to talk like Idiots on Twitter please thanks.

Well- sorry.

I said that because of the flux rising on this side of the sun. Yes- I should have specified what I meant to say. 

Edited by Solarflaretracker200
Grammar

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

Another strong farside CME!

Why strong? (Still trying to learn what indicates "strong" in imagery)

I only looked at it in Stereo because I think Lasco did not Update yet.

Almost 6 Hour long C-Class Enhancement...

But I think the CME was only launched at the beginning and the rest was Uneruptive? Or am I wrong?

1 minute ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Well- I will say this region is growing but it could be faculae: (red one)

AR_Map (2).png

You can compare with the Map before that. Grew a little Bit. I dont really think its one region, werent it 3 when they rotated off?

38 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

I haven't looked it up if this is old 2975 but I suspect it is. It is this region on the north-east limb seen now on STEREO A that is throwing its toys out of the pram. It looks bright and active. Lets keep an eye on this!

20220414_115500_n7euA_195.jpg

So IF this region stays active and keeping going like this or even gets more active could we get a round 2 of insane flaring like we had back on March 28-April 1?

5 minuten geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

So IF this region stays active and keeping going like this or even gets more active could we get a round 2 of insane flaring like we had back on March 28-April 1?

Depends on how the region evolved during its two week transit. It isn't very common but active regions can survive a far side transit. It does look active based on the CMEs today and yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marcel de Bont said:

Depends on how the region evolved during its two week transit. It isn't very common but active regions can survive a far side transit. It does look active based on the CMEs today and yesterday.

I hope you guys will write an article about it! 

1 hour ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I am surprised these regions are effecting the X-Ray charts (whatever you call them) from this far. 

Are they that far? Noaa says they will return today and on the 17th so its not that far i guess? Didnt @Vancanneyt Sander a while ago say when we see the arcs its likely that goes picks stuff up? Im not too sure.. also not sure if it is likely higher than C due to limb. 

54 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Yup, the background flux is rising! Exciting!

yep, long flare again. today was 5-6 hours already. How can the sunspot have so much energy (left) to blow so many flares + cmes?

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Are they that far? Noaa says they will return today and on the 17th so its not that far i guess? Didnt @Vancanneyt Sander a while ago say when we see the arcs its likely that goes picks stuff up? Im not too sure.. also not sure if it is likely higher than C due to limb. 

Honestly, what I mean by that is they are still over the limb slightly far and still being able to do this

• Like 1

1 uur terug, Orneno zei:

Between the way this looks, the rise in background flux, and the farside CME's we've seen, this looks really interesting!

image.thumb.png.8851260b249c2d06c5c27e60b7b2d372.png

image.thumb.png.8a16f8c954bd06766f9c3f4adfa9b494.png

image.thumb.png.ce53a96957d7a7514f27c99bc0713111.png

Also, the farside CMEs just keep coming! Strong ones too!

I am sorry to spoil the party… but the latest activity was induced by an opposition Mercury Venus. It ends now at 05:15. Thereafter the sunspot will go down…😱

4 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

I am sorry to spoil the party… but the latest activity was induced by an opposition Mercury Venus. It ends now at 05:15. Thereafter the sunspot will go down…😱

Its still growing though. And still producing significant flares as of RIGHT NOW. 

Or does it take time? What will happen now?