Incoming Active Regions

8 minutes ago, mozy said:

That eruption on the north is still going

i think there is new stuff coming out. Looking at Suvi 195A.  what do you think it is? I think, its a new eruption

Oh by the way @Marcel de Bont , do you think the flare was occulted a lot? Or true to measurement? was it an X Flare?

1 hour ago, Marcel de Bont said:

ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker.gif

This is a really interesting eruption. The M5 must have come from the south-east but there is a major ejection on the north.

The rubber on my underpants snaps from the strain. What is probably hiding behind the limb? Are those regions of the past coming to life? Come on!

20 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i think there is new stuff coming out. Looking at Suvi 195A.  what do you think it is? I think, its a new eruption

Yes but there's been stuff moving/lifting ever since that first one and the rising loops are finally lifting off producing the actual bigger CME we were waiting for.

3 minutes ago, mozy said:

Yes but there's been stuff moving/lifting ever since that first one and the rising loops are finally lifting off producing the actual bigger CME we were waiting for.

thank you :) 

2 hours ago, mozy said:

Looks like a similar situation like when AR3614 & AR3615 flared at the same time with the impulsive flare on the south & the eruptive one on the north.

At that time they had a shared negative field. Looks like they may have stayed alive on the farside, and hopefully developed further?

prelim.pho_apr03_24(crop).gif.141f79f71de08ab29e01408c49af3b59.gif

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

At that time they had a shared negative field. Looks like they may have stayed alive on the farside, and hopefully developed further?

prelim.pho_apr03_24(crop).gif.141f79f71de08ab29e01408c49af3b59.gif

If AR3590/AR3614 really survived, the region would be in the 3rd round around the sun 😄

Edited by Misaka

4 minutes ago, Misaka said:

If AR3590/AR3614 really survived, the sunspot would be in the 3rd round around the sun 😄

Yes, that can happen. Let us hope this is 'third time lucky' for some real activity !

• Like 2

Kevin ( solar ham) just posted an interesting read.  Looks like simultaneous flaring.  The north region appears to be new.  We should also see the return of Old 3615 very soon around S 13 or so.  Looks good for the next week as far as a resumption of moderate activity. 

4 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Kevin ( solar ham) just posted an interesting read.  Looks like simultaneous flaring.  The north region appears to be new.  We should also see the return of Old 3615 very soon around S 13 or so.  Looks good for the next week as far as a resumption of moderate activity. 

i love solarham :) Together with this website and forum my favorite source

every time i think its going down it slowly creeps up again lol @mozy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i wonder if those are post flare arcades? 

27 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

Yes definitely are post flare arcades 

27 minutes ago, tniickck said:

they are

Agree. Seems consistent with the slowly rising plasma after the earlier eruption. Was looking for these earlier but couldn't quite see them yet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Agree. Seems consistent with the slowly rising plasma after the earlier eruption. Was looking for these earlier but couldn't quite see them yet.

ah, so are they keeping the background flux up? it seems to go down very slowly

I'm excited to see their 3rd time around it's impressive that they've kept going with seemingly highly complex magnetic signatures, I just wish they weren't synced up with the full moon once they're directly facing earth cause they're our best shot at aurora 😕 

Edited by coinpeace

I'd like to see the evolution of the AR 3614 and 3615 on the flip side. Too bad we don't have anything there. In particular, I would be interested in 3614, whether it is still going on, or whether there was a breakup and a new area was created here.

5 hours ago, Wolf star said:

I'd like to see the evolution of the AR 3614 and 3615 on the flip side. Too bad we don't have anything there. In particular, I would be interested in 3614, whether it is still going on, or whether there was a breakup and a new area was created here.

AR3615 looks interesting when viewing GONGs far side images, appears to be alive and well.

• Cool 1

43 minutes ago, Misaka said:

A little bit of AR3615 is already visible.

image.png?ex=662ba20a&is=66192d0a&hm=0e8

Is it possible that one or both of those regions just kept growing? If so should we maybe be on a slightly heightened alert level? Given our lack of a full understanding of how this works and small sample size of just a few solar maximums to observe?