Incoming Active Regions

15 minutes ago, Orchidfan said:

The graph of the actual 6 hours x-ray flux looks like the heartbeat of a flatliner on his monitor. I hope better things will come around the limb.

That is funny to me!!  I remarked the same a few months back commenting that the only thing missing was the dooooooo. Tone!   Haha!  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Orchidfan said:

The graph of the actual 6 hours x-ray flux looks like the heartbeat of a flatliner on his monitor. I hope better things will come around the limb.

The fact that it has remained continuously in C-class is still impressive to me

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Screenshot-2024-02-21-141837.jpg

Something flared behind the limb today between 4:06 and ~4:23 UT
Could this be whats left of AR 3575?

AR3575 is the incoming region south of this flare. This looks to me like a new region.

When you have difficulty telling just where the equator actually is in 131 angstroms, it is likely to be a very interesting week coming up!   Yup 

2 hours ago, Justanerd said:

Old ar3575 is active on the east limb - 

Hopefully whatever is left from 3575 isnt just plague

Also there is another region behind 3590

3 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

When you have difficulty telling just where the equator actually is in 131 angstroms, it is likely to be a very interesting week coming up!   Yup 

I just saw where old 3575 is on the incoming limb, but i dont remember it being so far down there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Hopefully whatever is left from 3575 isnt just plague

It doesn’t seem to be plage currently. It just had an M1.57 flare at 00:14 UTC and has released multiple CMEs over the last couple days. They’ve been smaller in size than previous CMEs but at least there’s still something happening.

Edited by Calder
Plage not Plague… It was 3am for me okay 😂
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Calder said:

It doesn’t seem to be plague currently. It just had an M1.57 flare at 00:14 UTC and has released multiple CMEs over the last couple days. They’ve been smaller in size than previous CMEs but at least there’s still something happening.

Oh well i didnt notice those, then there should be some nice (old) new region to come

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Plage would be disappointing, but plague would be downright horrifying; I too hope that it doesn't serve us any plague, especially not of the bubonic sort.

on the intensitygram and on the magnetogram there are currently no spots visible...
so as of the current time there is only plage, sorry for the misswriting before

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Like 1

Plague of another type, this we know.  In any event it was and is a very high latitude sucker,  soon to be renamed and hopefully regenerate on our side, giving us another week of entertainment along with whatever else is lighting up the incoming east.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Plague of another type, this we know.  In any event it was and is a very high latitude sucker,  soon to be renamed and hopefully regenerate on our side, giving us another week of entertainment along with whatever else is lighting up the incoming east.  

ahhahahaahhhhahhaahhahaaha lol hopefully this all comes true

except the plague

Ok, now there are definetly spots of old 3575 visible🏆

Edit: there is another region incoming further up the limp, currenly there are about 2 Spots barely showing over the limb there. I am thrilled about whats about to return

Edited by Solar_Marcel

13 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

ahhahahaahhhhahhaahhahaaha lol hopefully this all comes true

except the plague

Ok, now there are definetly spots of old 3575 visible🏆

Edit: there is another region incoming further up the limp, currenly there are about 2 Spots barely showing over the limb there. I am thrilled about whats about to return

Me too, obviously and even with the plage area it may regenerate and produce over here.   A bit off-topic here but we just got a type IV radio sweep that I can’t correlate with anything large on our visible side, at least yet….. looking good for sure! 

• Like 1