AR 13296

Philalethes

9 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Looking at it like that is quite stunning; it's almost like there's a wave traveling from beyond the limb to 3296, triggering the huge filament eruption, then 3297, and then finally 3296. At least it sure looks like those were indeed responsible for those CMEs then, so maybe we'll get some more geomagnetic activity in a few days if we're lucky.

do you think a glancing blow or something more? im bad at reading lasco

36 minutes ago, mozy said:

This region has not had a delta yet

im sorry, i mistook it for the other

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

do you think a glancing blow or something more? im bad at reading lasco

I'm still not that great at it myself, at least not separating out different eruptions close in time; but looking at the imagery Calder posted it definitely looks like at least one of the two eruptions (first from 3297 and then from 3296) right after the filament eruption produced a halo with a significant Earth-directed component.

21 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Looking at it like that is quite stunning; it's almost like there's a wave traveling from beyond the limb to 3296, triggering the huge filament eruption, then 3297, and then finally 3296. At least it sure looks like those were indeed responsible for those CMEs then, so maybe we'll get some more geomagnetic activity in a few days if we're lucky.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Looked like a wave that travels across the disk. Hopefully we get something exciting from this, and maybe there’ll be more to come once these regions are in an earth oriented location. 🤞

5 minutes ago, Calder said:

Hopefully we get something exciting from this, and maybe there’ll be more to come once these regions are in an earth oriented location.

DeepFlareNet still computing 100% chance of X-flare, aww yeah.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Edited by Philalethes
typo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

I'm still not that great at it myself, at least not separating out different eruptions close in time; but looking at the imagery Calder posted it definitely looks like at least one of the two eruptions (first from 3297 and then from 3296) right after the filament eruption produced a halo with a significant Earth-directed component.

8 minutes ago, Calder said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Looked like a wave that travels across the disk. Hopefully we get something exciting from this, and maybe there’ll be more to come once these regions are in an earth oriented location. 🤞

11 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Well, great, now there probably are 2 CMEs from the 2 different regions. STEREO A might fall around 60 hours travel time possibly, and bulk hit. I'll need to compare to SOHO when the needed imagery comes in in maybe 2 or 3 hours.

i doubt a bulk hit, what makes you think that?

im so confused lol 

I think we will fall somewhere right on the very edge of the main bulk. I'll go with a preliminary arrival time at L1 of 2023/05/07 23:00Z with a chance of error +-10.5 hours. I'd guess only G2 max.

Finally Friday, so maybe we can get another better CME heh.

I was about to say that it looked relatively impulsive this time, but the last image on SUVI makes me think otherwise, definitely looks like another ejection. Flux stopped falling and started rising again, what a fakeout; bamboozled again.

2 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

I was about to say that it looked relatively impulsive this time, but the last image on SUVI makes me think otherwise, definitely looks like another ejection. Flux stopped falling and started rising again, what a fakeout; bamboozled again.

Yh there is a CME, I also got faked out 😅

13 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

I actually had a dream about this region & your AI prediction bot last night lol, and so far It's scarily accurate, it sounds "unreal" but I dreamt of waking up to my phone vibrating that there was a flare and it was only an M 1.2 so I went to bed again & when I woke up again in the dream there had apparently been an X-flare shortly after.

Now if this exact scenario happens outside the dream then I'll get scared 😅 

I highly doubt it though lmao

Edited by mozy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mozy said:

I actually had a dream about this region & your AI prediction bot last night lol, and so far It's scarily accurate, it sounds "unreal" but I dreamt of waking up to my phone vibrating that there was a flare and it was only an M 1.2 so I went to bed again & when I woke up again in the dream there had apparently been an X-flare shortly after.

Now if this exact scenario happens outside the dream then I'll get scared 😅 

I highly doubt it though lmao

Ah, yes, throw some prophetic dreams in the mix to counterbalance the AI; excellent.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Ah, yes, throw some prophetic dreams in the mix to counterbalance the AI; excellent.

Nasa has 2 similar models for flare prediction, theyre not that good though.. i talked about them a few times on here

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Nasa has 2 similar models for flare prediction, theyre not that good though.. i talked about them a few times on here

It's settled, then: NASA should hire more prophetic dreamers instead of wasting their time on bad AI; maybe they can get to recruit mozy if they're lucky.

8 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

It's settled, then: NASA should hire more prophetic dreamers instead of wasting their time on bad AI; maybe they can get to recruit mozy if they're lucky.

Hey! Let's wait for that X-flare first ;)