Multiple CMEs Inbound- G1 to G3 storming expected

Flareguy18

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Man, im sorry for you guys. i know some of you waited. but maybe some shocks can still happen

Maybe, but even if they are they probably weren't fast enough to get the conditions I need for my own location. We still have the whole rest of the cycle, I'm sure we will see something cool by the end of this cycle. Little bit disappointing since it seemed like so many CMES were popping off the last few days, but the best is still yet to come lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Why would you need the dashboards?

Dashboards provide a lot of information about the current and near future geomagnetic conditions. They can include observed and expected Kp., details about IMF, direction and strength of Bz, overall Bt, the auroral oval, the density and speed of solar particles... etc etc you get the picture. There are other resources that show cloud cover and moon phase. All handy tools for the aurora chaser.

When there is no mobile data you are on your own, you have to wing it.

N.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

Maybe the second of the CMEs wasn't completely southward after all

There have been so many CMEs... Given that even small errors in launch velocity estimates can yield large errors in arrival time predictions, it's difficult to pinpoint with certainty which CME(s) correspond to current data.  Ah well, the eggs have been scrambled and cooked.  Now we're looking at the omlette.

Edited by Drax Spacex
velocity=>arrival time

5 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

There have been so many CMEs... Given that even small errors in launch velocities can yield large errors in arrival time predictions, it's difficult to pinpoint with certainty which CME(s) correspond to current data.  Ah well, the eggs have been scrambled and cooked.  Now we're looking at the omlette.

Yeah, it can get tricky pretty quick. 2 CMEs launched on the 17th at around 14:00Z-15:00Z and those would be what is hitting us now, however they came together.

• Thanks 1