Region 3078

MinYoongi

ASAP Flare monitor suggests the region got more complex, but i dont see it.. can anyone give an opinion?

e29c3fdff912e33b60253793a514618f.png69c6ef7a4aa8caefe9a6debfc999b6a1.png

Note : Those are only Models / Algorythms/AI. Its NOT made by Humans and to be taken with a big grain of salt! I'm just interested in how accurate/good they already are and use em as guidance for my own learning.

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

ASAP Flare monitor suggests the region got more complex, but i dont see it.. can anyone give an opinion?

e29c3fdff912e33b60253793a514618f.png69c6ef7a4aa8caefe9a6debfc999b6a1.png

Some delta spots have grown again, but I wouldn't think the flare monitor would pick up on that right away, I don't trust these at all :D

16 minutes ago, mozy said:

but I wouldn't think the flare monitor would pick up on that right away, I don't trust these at all :D

Yeah, the flare monitor lists it as Beta Gamma! :D They're nowhere near perfect yet, i still think its mega cool it kind of works!  

18 minutes ago, mozy said:

Some delta spots have grown again

Those to the right? I saw a little spec there. How many deltas does it have?

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Those to the right? I saw a little spec there. How many deltas does it have?

A few but they're all really small, another low level M-class now nevertheless.

Looks like there's really minor ejecta with this one aswell.

39 minutes ago, mozy said:

A few but they're all really small, another low level M-class now nevertheless.

Looks like there's really minor ejecta with this one aswell.

Im waiting for solar demon, alr saw tweets about the CH blocking ejecta/full cme's though earlier

@mozy There is Ejecta i think,  Tamitha skov explained how the slow ramp down usually speaks for a flare being eruptive. she also mentioned the CH pushing some ejecta southward though and stalling Eruptions. (now on PC, can finally type more precisely.)

I don't understand why people seems to want a big Solar flare and CME coming toward us, maybe they are things i don't fully understand but, KP scale is high for the next days, an X solar might hit us, isn't all of that signs of high risks for power grid, internet etc...It has provoked radio blackout already and a Geomagnetic storm is on it's way today 

I know that we have discussed about that the risks that an Carrington event or other really Bad event Solar flare like that to happen again, that the odds are low 

All of this is new for me, i've stopped read articles on internet i'm only checking here and spacewithercom, i just don't know when things are Bad or okay 

30 minutes ago, Mogh, Lord of Blood said:

I don't understand why people seems to want a big Solar flare and CME coming toward us, maybe they are things i don't fully understand but, KP scale is high for the next days, an X solar might hit us, isn't all of that signs of high risks for power grid, internet etc...It has provoked radio blackout already and a Geomagnetic storm is on it's way today 

I know that we have discussed about that the risks that an Carrington event or other really Bad event Solar flare like that to happen again, that the odds are low 

All of this is new for me, i've stopped read articles on internet i'm only checking here and spacewithercom, i just don't know when things are Bad or okay 

Personally for me, big solar events excite me, especially if they're earth-directed & they send out CME's towards earth since I live in Sweden where we see the northern lights relatively often with these types of events.

When you've gathered enough knowledge about the sun & what it takes for it to really affect us, It's going to click that you basically had nothing to worry about.

You really don't have to worry about massive power grid failtures or anything similar with these types of events we're seeing every solar cycle.

Also, yes do not read most mainstream media/articles about the sun/solar storms, they're mostly spitting out false/fear-mongering information, it happens far too often.

But let us not mess this thread up by going off-topic ^^

10 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Im waiting for solar demon, alr saw tweets about the CH blocking ejecta/full cme's though earlier

@mozy There is Ejecta i think,  Tamitha skov explained how the slow ramp down usually speaks for a flare being eruptive. she also mentioned the CH pushing some ejecta southward though and stalling Eruptions. (now on PC, can finally type more precisely.)

The latest synoptic map shows that the CH has split into two, leaving a gap around AR3078, so that may make a difference.

5 hours ago, Mogh, Lord of Blood said:

Nothing to fear Mogh LOB, stay chilled, enjoy the ride and the aurora pics when they come.

N.

Edited by Newbie

43 minutes ago, mozy said:

If only there wasn't so much penumbral separation I bet we would see some fireworks from this region.

How is the region developing though? I'm comparing screenshots and it does seem to decay or atleast shrink a little bit? I do think there are still deltas but as its my weakness, i cant see them 😕 where to look for?

Are the recent C-Class Enhancements from 3078 or the northeastern region? Looking at Suvi its so hard to tell.

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

How is the region developing though? I'm comparing screenshots and it does seem to decay or atleast shrink a little bit? I do think there are still deltas but as its my weakness, i cant see them 😕 where to look for?

Are the recent C-Class Enhancements from 3078 or the northeastern region? Looking at Suvi its so hard to tell.

From SolarsoftScreenshot_2022-08-17-23-31-04-1.png.493f141957f27555d59f964dbefaf17b.png

Still potential for eruptions. NASA Synoptic map has 3078 as C70%/M25%/X5%/proton5%

N.

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Yeah, but isnt that "just" a program? Noaa sometimes assigns Flares wrong too.

Thank you nevertheless! 

Min,

I've seen mistakes on all platforms. IMO go with the information you have at hand until new information comes in.

N.

• Like 1