AR2993/2994: X flare!

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

¿Cómo determinaste eso? Súper interesante :)

I should see the core in the morning, the red part is almost close to the blue part, so I think it determines that it is a delta point, but I am not so sure since I don't know how to see it so well, so I can fail,

Just now, MinYoongi said:

How do you determine the 3hours? 

By looking at the how the curve is going down so far, and guessing at how it will continue tracing my finger on the screen.  Not very precise, but it will definitely qualify as long-duration.

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

The cme wont be geoeffective right,?

Answered above

Just now, Orneno said:

By looking at the how the curve is going down so far, and guessing at how it will continue tracing my finger on the screen.  Not very precise, but it will definitely qualify as long-duration.

Answered above

I answered to quick, before that updated. Sorry. I have a great pic! Ill shoot you a dm.

• Like 4

Here @MinYoongi, I guess it like this.  I trace the approximate shape it will be.  We know flares usually all ramp down in a certain way, we've seen enough of it we know how it will continue (solid red line).  We know it won't change how fast it's declining (dashed red lines).
And then once I trace it, I just look and see how long it is, guessing off of how the data window spans 2 hours.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 11.08.49 PM.png

And there's the radio emissions coming in, as expected

640km/s, pretty slow, but I think that's because we're to the side of the CME, not in front, so it's only like the speed it's expanding it's width at, not the speed it's moving ahead, away from the sun

4 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Here @MinYoongi, I guess it like this.  I trace the approximate shape it will be.  We know flares usually all ramp down in a certain way, we've seen enough of it we know how it will continue (solid red line).  We know it won't change how fast it's declining (dashed red lines).
And then once I trace it, I just look and see how long it is, guessing off of how the data window spans 2 hours.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 11.08.49 PM.png

Yeah i actually do the same! Im just not sure, if thats considered an LDE. Because SWPC says the End was reached at m5.5 🤔

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Yeah i actually do the same! Im just not sure, if thats considered an LDE. Because SWPC says the End was reached at m5.5 🤔

That's weird, I would think the "end" is when it stops ramping down, reaching either background flux or the next flare, whichever happens first

Just now, Orneno said:

That's weird, I would think the "end" is when it stops ramping down, reaching either background flux or the next flare, whichever happens first

Right?! Me too! But when you look at the SWPC X-ray flux chart it shows the beginning, maximum and end with specific times. I never really figured it out. 

@Orneno i think you mentioned waiting for Lasco? (I hope i remembered that right) 

I dont rlly agree with the glancing blow thats nice to see. I thought because the radio sweep/shock thing was slow the cme is slow too. 🤔 and it confuses me that such a limb sunspot can create something geoeffective cme wise. 

42 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Right?! Me too! But when you look at the SWPC X-ray flux chart it shows the beginning, maximum and end with specific times. I never really figured it out. 

Beginning 17 Apr 2022 03:17:00 GMT C1.9  
Maximum 17 Apr 2022 03:34:00 GMT X1.1 Integrated flux: 
1.4e-1
 J m-2
End 17 Apr 2022 03:51:00 GMT M5.5  

(C1.9+X1.1)/2=M5.5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

@Orneno i think you mentioned waiting for Lasco? (I hope i remembered that right) 

I dont rlly agree with the glancing blow thats nice to see. I thought because the radio sweep/shock thing was slow the cme is slow too. 🤔 and it confuses me that such a limb sunspot can create something geoeffective cme wise. 

Now it’s more than that peeking. That’s a really nice CME. 

Honestly, probably the best X-class CME we’ve seen this SC so far. The other two turned out to both be disappointments when they arrived at Earth (which this one will not do, but we can tell it’s strong)

60FCC6AB-125B-47E9-A410-EFF06FA99B80.jpeg