AR2975, M9 flare

Sam Warfel

2 minutes ago, David Silver said:

One way to quickly see the duration is look at the X-ray absorption. Seems fairly fast fortunately. Strong enough we are also beginning to see proton enhancement. Bz is North, we are shielded mostly.

Can you maybe explain your comment more in depth?

5 minutes ago, Tristan said:

WOW. Impressive polarity intermixing. Easily the most so far this cycle.

2030603486_AR2975141528032022.jpg.5f991f48183eeb41550b232989b656bb.jpg

Low level X-flares are possible. Could be very interesting if it continues to develop. I will be watching this one closely.

Keep us updated :)!

• Like 1

Great to see that I saw that correctly this morning :P strong delta asks for strong solar flares and there we have the M4 ❤️ :P. Shortly after the flare proton enhancement and S1 space radiation storm was in progress indicating it was eruptive. Type IV radio sweep and a strong coronal dimming which makes a CME very likely and due to it's position it will be Earth directed. EPAM also responded on the flare, so that's an other good sign. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Great to see that I saw that correctly this morning :P strong delta asks for strong solar flares and there we have the M4 ❤️ :P. Shortly after the flare proton enhancement and S1 space radiation storm was in progress indicating it was eruptive. Type IV radio sweep and a strong coronal dimming which makes a CME very likely and due to it's position it will be Earth directed. EPAM also responded on the flare, so that's an other good sign. 

Looks quite asymmetric though. Much faster to the north. Perhaps the core could be directed north of Earth. Eagerly awaiting LASCO imagery on this.

We will put out a news article later tonight so keep your eyes peeled for that but I am going to be honest, the CME isn't what I expected of this flare considering the extensive coronal dimming. I am however very much liking the look of this region, so much magnetic mixing. Very promising.