are we going to be in for a treat in about a week?

farm24

Just now, Solar_Marcel said:

look, it wouldnt do that, or would it?

Don't give it an idea 🤣

3 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

HOW do we know? Because i dont know how it can be said that a specific region is that region of the past rotation...

I'm not sure lol. I really don't know lmao 

3 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Don't give it an idea 🤣

Indeed, indeed im giving it an idea with that😝

But wait, it actually wouldnt hear us because space is a vacuum and sound cant travel there, or the sun just hasLets Go Yes GIF ultimate power!!!!

Edited by Solar_Marcel
Spaße... WTF did i write...
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Yes, the sun has the ultimate power 🤣🤣😱

Holy crap I worded that bad 🤣

Well, i understand it. Though im austrian, lol

I sometimes read old posts/comments and thing, fing hell what did i write, above all how...

6 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Yes, the sun has the ultimate power 🤣🤣😱

Holy crap I worded that bad 🤣

i sometimes have to look up certain words because i dont know them😂

image.png.c171b730342d50ef1d824240e379caf8.png

What is this picture and what are the white lines for, i dont quite understand... But our region seems to have a couple of them, is that good or bad and what does it indicate?

Here is a better version of this picture: https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/img/latest/latest_4096_1700pfss.jpg

9 minutes ago, Orneno said:

We know exactly how long it takes a region to go around the other side, and we know exactly when and where sunspots go over the west limb, so if we seen one appear on the East limb exactly the right time since one went over the west in the exact same spot, it’s almost sure to be the same. I’ve never seen a sunspot decay to nothing and a new one appear right in the same spot or very close in that short a time (one half rotation)

Could'nt have explained this better. 🥰

• Like 1

1 uur terug, Solar_Marcel zei:

Well, i understand it. Though im austrian, lol

I sometimes read old posts/comments and thing, fing hell what did i write, above all how...

i sometimes have to look up certain words because i dont know them😂

image.png.c171b730342d50ef1d824240e379caf8.png

What is this picture and what are the white lines for, i dont quite understand... But our region seems to have a couple of them, is that good or bad and what does it indicate?

Here is a better version of this picture: https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/img/latest/latest_4096_1700pfss.jpg

Our Sun has a North Pole and South Pole and from the poles magnetic field lines flow into the interplanetary space creating the interplanetary magnetic field. Sunspots also have a polarity (+ and -) and from each sunspot a magnetic field line is connected to a sunspot of opposite polarity. So the image you see is a reflection of all magnetic field lines from sunspot regions and open magnetic field lines. 

the more complex a sunspot region gets, the more magnetic field lines and the more chances for solar flares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Our Sun has a North Pole and South Pole and from the poles magnetic field lines flow into the interplanetary space creating the interplanetary magnetic field. Sunspots also have a polarity (+ and -) and from each sunspot a magnetic field line is connected to a sunspot of opposite polarity. So the image you see is a reflection of all magnetic field lines from sunspot regions and open magnetic field lines. 

the more complex a sunspot region gets, the more magnetic field lines and the more chances for solar flares.

Thanks. now i know how you could use/estimate this map to make out strong sunspots

ahhh i cant type... What the hell is wrong with my keyboard, somehow im missing letters and characters

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Its the most active region on the disk currently so at this moment it’s out favourite region (but it ain’t worth it because it ain’t complex and wasn’t worth the hype)

It still threw out the biggest CME we’ve seen for years, I think the hype was not unwarranted to be honest

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

Todavía arrojó el CME más grande que hemos visto en años, creo que la exageración no fue injustificada para ser honesto

I don't want to ruin your expectations, but I honestly think that the flare on February 15 was a minor x, and the big thing that was mounted was only a filament that was decanted by the flare,

• Like 1

6 uren geleden, Orneno zei:

It still threw out the biggest CME we’ve seen for years, I think the hype was not unwarranted to be honest

Yes, but filament eruptions can produce magnificent CMEs as well but with lower X-ray. It was backsided and we won’t know the strength.

now you also know why we don’t use farside gong maps, what seemed big was a bunch of facula and two tiny spots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

¿No podría haber sido más complejo, más puntos, etc., en el momento de la gran CME , y decayó desde entonces?

then in the recreation of the iswa image it was mounted as two cme almost together, although one was smaller but it was combined with the Another big one, so I suppose that the great eruption of year was a filament with a sunspot that erupted at the same time, so that would explain its great speed to leave the sun, since the filaments are fast to release or am I wrong?

Edited by Isatsuki San
I really don't know how to explain myself well

6 hours ago, Orneno said:

Couldn’t it have been more complex more spots etc, at the time of the big CME, and decayed since then?

Yes and No.

We wont know for sure, but it was likely a bit more complex. But as I pointed out at the 18th, the strength and area went down. 😅

• Thanks 1

these are new sunspots incoming? (latitude -30 and 30)

EUVI/AIA 195 Stonyhurst Heliographic (Earth-view)

On 2/21/2022 at 1:48 AM, Isatsuki San said:

hola solo dijo que uso la palabra "amenaza" por el filamento solar, pero nada mas  eso dijo en el twitter ese (wave only said that he used the word "threat" because of the solar filament, but that's all he said on twitter)

Hi! thankyou ❤️