Region 3514

MinYoongi

1 minuut geleden, MinYoongi zei:

20231214_205900_2.0_anim.tim-den.gif

can someone tell me if this is the CME we're expecting? If i do the pause game i see it first appear 15th at 00UTC or a bit earlier, which tells me this cant be the M-Flare CME from last night, right?

That’s an early model run, keep in mind LASCO data isn’t available yet so a good model run with LASCO data and CME distribution will be much more accurate than an early model run.

again patience my dear 😜

• Like 1

Just now, Vancanneyt Sander said:

That’s an early model run, keep in mind LASCO data isn’t available yet so a good model run with LASCO data and CME distribution will be much more accurate than an early model run.

again patience my dear 😜

😄❤️😄 i just wanted to make sure its not about the m-class flare from the UTC Morning, hehe. :D I guess they made this with Stereo-A Data then? Because i dont think they have lasco data we dont have.

51 minutes ago, Aries said:

If the speed of the particels are 2.100km/s than it will take 19,7 hours to earth.

Well, the thing is that CMEs slow down a fair bit as they travel, so the average transit time would be higher; but in this case I have my doubts as to how accurate that estimate from the radio emission really is.

Also, now we're seeing a little bit of proton activity it seems.

Edited by Philalethes
higher, not lower

17 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

can the run be the M-Class flare from around 13UTC? I doubt it , right?

I will look at some pictures later to see if it changed after the big flare or shortly before. maybe interesting for you @mozy

I looked at it after and It's so cool that you can see the flash on the intensity & magnetogram images too, it looks a bit messier now compared to earlier morning but that could also be because It's rotating further away hence making it harder to see specific areas, I definitely don't think It's done yet.

16 minutes ago, mozy said:

I looked at it after and It's so cool that you can see the flash on the intensity & magnetogram images too

so cool, really. i remember you telling me about them changing before/during/after flashes slightly and ive been fascinated with that since, even if its nothing "big" for aurora watchers, as a nerd i love to see it.

Goes seems to struggle because X-Ray data is only trickling in and backfilling every now and then, SUVI is working fine though and gets updated normally.. any info?

image.thumb.png.99026d0ba22229a12cf9f7654b06d20e.png

5f06e5f31b4680dc02919fc0dc850730.png
https://gyazo.com/5f06e5f31b4680dc02919fc0dc850730

im still so confused. how can it be a full hit? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

NASA modeled the initial CME and then they modeled the shock shortly after. The shock looks scarier on the ENLIL model than the main CME but it’s not impactful. Carina Alden from NASA was saying the shock would provide KP<4 conditions.

thank you

2 uren geleden, MinYoongi zei:

so cool, really. i remember you telling me about them changing before/during/after flashes slightly and ive been fascinated with that since, even if its nothing "big" for aurora watchers, as a nerd i love to see it.

Goes seems to struggle because X-Ray data is only trickling in and backfilling every now and then, SUVI is working fine though and gets updated normally.. any info?

image.thumb.png.99026d0ba22229a12cf9f7654b06d20e.png

5f06e5f31b4680dc02919fc0dc850730.png
https://gyazo.com/5f06e5f31b4680dc02919fc0dc850730

im still so confused. how can it be a full hit? 

Aren't those just old models and new have to be made?

22 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

SA looks to be in line for a hit. Hopefully SOHO gives us good news

Crazy how long its taking, right? 

Well like @Chris_Wicklund said, nasa did some model runs based on stereo data and im not 100% sure how much lasco could change the forecasts? ill just attach the tweets here and hope for some infos/opinions :) 

I can't figure out how to get a screen shot under 204 kb, not sure why that's a thing for attachments and can't find the forum in the app lol. Anyway. Preliminary forecasts on the CME scoreboard put the speed at between 950-1100 km/s. With a max KP of 5 and arrival time somewhere on 11/17

https://kauai.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/CMEscoreboard/prediction/detail/2801

51 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

NASA modeled the initial CME and then they modeled the shock shortly after. The shock looks scarier on the ENLIL model than the main CME but it’s not impactful. Carina Alden from NASA was saying the shock would provide KP<4 conditions.

• Like 1