Region 3514

MinYoongi

47 minutes ago, tniickck said:

you have my thanks! wonder why the sdo page isnt uploading when data is there.

51 minutes ago, tniickck said:

I cant really find the magnetograms etc though.. thats a whole jungle of all the aia products mixed.. can you maybe provide me the specific link?

40 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i cant really find the magnetograms etc though.. thats a whole jungle of all the aia products mixed.. can you maybe provide me the specific link?

The latest images are the lowest on the page. scroll down and look for "date_time_4096_HMIBC (magnetogram)" or "date_time_4096_HMIIF (visible sunspots)" 

Edited by tniickck
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tniickck said:

The latest images are the lowest on the page. scroll down and look for "date_time_4096_HMIBC (magnetogram)" or "date_time_4096_HMIIF (visible sunspots)" 

thank you. sadly they are painfully small and i cant zoom in like on the SDO page, but its enough to get an idea. cool!

13 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

thank you. sadly they are painfully small and i cant zoom in like on the SDO page, but its enough to get an idea. cool!

The resolution is also specified in the link, I assume you probably just clicked on a smaller resolution; there are e.g. ones from 16:15 in full 4096x4096 resolution, here's the m-gram and here's the i-gram.

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

Very nice, I download images from the data page automatically, so the imagery I was looking at locally was also (and still is as of writing this) from 23:00 yesterday, didn't know that catalog existed at all. Weird that they have the imagery but don't update the data page sometimes. Oh well, that's neat to know for later I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI, I think this guy let loose a faint full halo CME around 0000 UTC today, associated with a c2 flare (I think).  I remember seeing some promising movement on SUVI, and looking at LASCO, there seems to be a halo CME, shortly after the big release on the SW limb.  I wouldn’t expect much in the way of geomagnetic activity, but 🤷

1 hour ago, NEAurora said:

FYI, I think this guy let loose a faint full halo CME around 0000 UTC today, associated with a c2 flare (I think).  I remember seeing some promising movement on SUVI, and looking at LASCO, there seems to be a halo CME, shortly after the big release on the SW limb.  I wouldn’t expect much in the way of geomagnetic activity, but 🤷

• Cool 1

8 hours ago, Philalethes said:

The resolution is also specified in the link, I assume you probably just clicked on a smaller resolution; there are e.g. ones from 16:15 in full 4096x4096 resolution, here's the m-gram and here's the i-gram.

Very nice, I download images from the data page automatically, so the imagery I was looking at locally was also (and still is as of writing this) from 23:00 yesterday, didn't know that catalog existed at all. Weird that they have the imagery but don't update the data page sometimes. Oh well, that's neat to know for later I guess.

thanks philaletes. do i manually have to search for them now all the time? Using your link i can only see 16:30UTC. Its a bit tedious and SDO still has not updated.. nothing on their news page as well. -.-

Just now, mozy said:

Looking juicy, something tells me It's gonna say goodbye with big flares near the limb..

3fb09df6f19a8cd174a00ff2ba3306ee.png0ed3701a5c343b6805d97fb7227a5df2.png

Any idea why its not flaring? is it gamma or already delta?

PS : I just wish SDO would work.. its annoying so search for the right pictures in the right resolutions.

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

3fb09df6f19a8cd174a00ff2ba3306ee.png0ed3701a5c343b6805d97fb7227a5df2.png

Any idea why its not flaring? is it gamma or already delta?

PS : I just wish SDO would work.. its annoying so search for the right pictures in the right resolutions.

Can spot 2 small deltas currently, with this rapid growing flaring should pick up fairly soon.

And yes SDO being down is obnoxious

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

are you sure thats a delta? looking at my stuff, its not. but thats from 23:30 i think.. argh! :D  thank you.

That's why I said It's pretty vague, I'm not sure if it actually is, cuz there is a hint of negative in between the positive that could be it, but it's hard to determine with all imagery being a mess atm, I barely know what I'm looking at anymore because they're all different timestamps.

• Haha 1