AR 3354

Jesterface23

Looks like there may be a couple tiny deltas in there. In this snapshot, when I blow up the image in paint, I can see some blue in that thin line below the large red part.

3354.JPG

3354zoomed.jpg

Edited by cgrant26
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

Looks like there could be a delta here:
https://ibb.co/Y008H29

I'd say it looks like a bit of a stretch currently given the poorly connected penumbra, but there was a point earlier today when it was looking a bit more connected. At least some signs of complexity, and some other potential areas that could definitely develop into more if it keeps growing. 

15 minutes ago, cgrant26 said:

Looks like there may be a couple tiny deltas in there. In this snapshot, when I blow up the image in paint, I can see some blue in that thin line below the large red part.

Well, the thing is that some blue on the magnetogram doesn't always correspond to an umbra in the intensitygram, and even when it does it's not always clear whether they're sharing penumbra or not. In this case there does not seem to be any umbra there at all currently, but it's certainly worth noting anyway, as it could be an area that will develop more.

From looking at it, I think the top part of the negative area might be the most promising candidate for a delta currently, even though it's a bit smaller:

imageedit-1-9040353725.gif

Not entirely sure, though; from looking at similar previously at least I think the hint of that umbra on top there is actually positive, but I could be mistaken.

• Like 4

I'm more interested in that filament hovering over the region at the moment, if that one blasts off it could spark something bigger off within the region despite it not being that complex currently.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

I just now got a chance to get out and capture my image for the day and thought "That wasn't there yesterday". Crazy how fast this one came up. If I'm reading the magneto right, looks like Beta-Gamma right now. Will be interesting to keep an eye on this week.

On 6/27/2023 at 9:45 AM, cgrant26 said:

Yes, I think that is where today's delta sunspot is located.  There may be others.

Edited by Drax Spacex
the others
  • Like 3

By my eye, I’m seeing 3, possibly 4 wee baby deltas. It seems the filament development has gotten stronger, and the larger areas are migrating away from each other. Any earth directed production from this area could be fun, given the coronal hole to its south, which appears to be kicking up the wind speed. 🍿🍿🍿

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChefyStephie said:

By my eye, I’m seeing 3, possibly 4 wee baby deltas. It seems the filament development has gotten stronger, and the larger areas are migrating away from each other. Any earth directed production from this area could be fun, given the coronal hole to its south, which appears to be kicking up the wind speed. 🍿🍿🍿

There's at the moment only 1 tiny one, and I personally would not even call that a delta currently, way too small & weak.

6fe1c852f68b92411abc5da0ab4d962c.png

• Cool 1

8 minutes ago, mozy said:

There's at the moment only 1 tiny one, and I personally would not even call that a delta currently, way too small & weak.

6fe1c852f68b92411abc5da0ab4d962c.png

That’s a way better image than I have been accessing! I thought the murkiness was due to being on mobile, but evidently not. How embarrassing. May I ask where you snapped up that beauty?

7 minutes ago, ChefyStephie said:

That’s a way better image than I have been accessing! I thought the murkiness was due to being on mobile, but evidently not. How embarrassing. May I ask where you snapped up that beauty?

https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/, click Data Links on the image of your choice & pick 4096

The link cgrant26 sent also works great.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

Just now, mozy said:

Hey look, the region finally woke up.

Came here to say that :)  the flare was rather impulsive if I’m right ? Any signs for ejecta?

3 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

M3.8, not bad; looks impulsive from the flux, but some imagery will soon follow. I assume it's indeed impulsive, but at least it's doing something.

yeah i agree. im not sure about any ejecta. with the recent quieter months i've unlearned some skills :):D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

M3.8, not bad; looks impulsive from the flux, but some imagery will soon follow. I assume it's indeed impulsive, but at least it's doing something.

And it looks to be coming from the area with barely any spots or if it's even AR3351 instead? 😅

• Like 1