Unproven theories

Marcel de Bont
Message added by Sam Warfel,

Please use this topic in the future when you have questions about unproven space weather theories. What we mean by that is questions about space weather related things that are not accepted or have yet to be proved by mainstream science. Those topics are only allowed in this thread.

Discussion of virology, pandemics, and vaccines are not allowed on these forums. Just because a topic isn’t listed doesn’t mean it’s okay, these are specifically highlighted for reference.

2 hours ago, IDNeon said:

Lastly the sensor is likely "directionally biased" and that can be used to further refine the dataset.

Thank you IDNeon, and welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

@AndrewB:

Is there any connection between today's strong events and human health? I don't remember the last time I was sick or felt bad, but today I woke up with such a severe headache that I haven't remembered in years, and it continues to this moment from few hours. I know that people sometimes connect these events, but I have never seen scientific literature proving such hypotheses.

If you'd like a discussion about it I'd suggest digging into the literature and seeing what you can find out about it, and posting about it here.

The literature on it is very scant indeed, and there's nothing very convincing that I've seen or come across; the few such studies that do exist should certainly be taken with a grain of salt. There seems to be more evidence that emf pollution in general might have some detrimental effects on biological life due to interfering with endogenous voltage gradients and thus causing oxidative stress, but exactly to what extent this really has any noticeable effects, and to what extent space weather affects it, if at all, is far from clear.

Curiously, in absolution of the hippies, it appears that direct skin contact with conductive soil has a neutralizing effect on exogenous emf, due to how the Earth-ionosphere system forms a spherical capacitor with Earth being the negative electrode, containing an abundance of free electrons and thus overall negative charge (estimated at -10^5 C); these electrons are continuously replenished and can readily flow into the body to both maintain a stable reference voltage and to neutralize various free radicals by reducing them.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 3/23/2024 at 5:01 AM, Philalethes said:

@AndrewB:

If you'd like a discussion about it I'd suggest digging into the literature and seeing what you can find out about it, and posting about it here.

The literature on it is very scant indeed, and there's nothing very convincing that I've seen or come across; the few such studies that do exist should certainly be taken with a grain of salt. There seems to be more evidence that emf pollution in general might have some detrimental effects on biological life due to interfering with endogenous voltage gradients and thus causing oxidative stress, but exactly to what extent this really has any noticeable effects, and to what extent space weather affects it, if at all, is far from clear.

Curiously, in absolution of the hippies, it appears that direct skin contact with conductive soil has a neutralizing effect on exogenous emf, due to how the Earth-ionosphere system forms a spherical capacitor with Earth being the negative electrode, containing an abundance of free electrons and thus overall negative charge (estimated at -10^5 C); these electrons are continuously replenished and can readily flow into the body to both maintain a stable reference voltage and to neutralize various free radicals by reducing them.

I love being absolved although as a human organic carbon carrying organism I am inherently evil according to some crazy theories.  🤣🤣 a bow is due thee @Philalethesfrom a repentant ex-hippie. 😆 Mike and🐈‍⬛   Free the radicals too?  You might be considered a subversive @Philalethes  swl groans again…..

Edited by hamateur 1953
Bad humour
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Philalethes said:

@AndrewB:

Thanks. I think so too. I asked because I simply don't remember such a strong headache with which I woke up today. Regards, Andrew

• Like 1

@Patrick P.A. Geryl asked in another thread if he might post again. I figured I might as well tag him because he hasn’t posted yet  after a day or two. 
I have heard that the southern polar field underwent its final reversal last winter and evidently Patrick is assuming ( perhaps Jan also) that the northern has done so too.   If my thinking is correct on this, the 2k spots and solar flux alone are being used as the sole  predictors  of solar maximum.  If this is true then we shouldn’t see a significant resurgence in either metric over the next six months.  We are currently coming off of a 200 plus peak in solar flux and honestly I expect to see others down the road.  Just my two cents Patrick. Mike.   Today’s date. March 27 2024   SFI 178. SSN about 145.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Date and SFI

17 uren geleden, hamateur 1953 zei:

@Patrick P.A. Geryl asked in another thread if he might post again. I figured I might as well tag him because he hasn’t posted yet  after a day or two. 
I have heard that the southern polar field underwent its final reversal last winter and evidently Patrick is assuming ( perhaps Jan also) that the northern has done so too.   If my thinking is correct on this, the 2k spots and solar flux alone are being used as the sole  predictors  of solar maximum.  If this is true then we shouldn’t see a significant resurgence in either metric over the next six months.  We are currently coming off of a 200 plus peak in solar flux and honestly I expect to see others down the road.  Just my two cents Patrick. Mike.   Today’s date. March 27 2024   SFI 178. SSN about 145.  

I am still feeling very upset about the numerous concerns that were raised regarding my calculations involving the planets and sunspots. It is clear to anyone with an open mind that my calculations are both accurate and effective.

If you wonder why there is strong growth in AR3615... I am not...

March 23

February 24 (04:00) – April 2 (02:00), 2024: Conjunction Uranus - Jupiter and the Sun

March 6 (07:00) – April 10 (09:45), 2024 Triple Line Up Uranus – Mars – Ceres

March 14 (00:45) – April 9 (11:00), 2024 Triple Line Up Uranus – Vesta – Juno

March 17 (10:15) – April 13 (17:00), 2024 Triple Line Up Uranus – Jupiter – Pallas

March 21 (05:45) – 28 (08:00), 2024 Triple Line Up Saturn – Venus – Juno

This Triple is Unused till March 29!  Meaning strong growth and X flare potential...

25 (08:45) – April 1 (19:00), 2024 Triple Line Up Vesta – Venus – Pluto

March 26 (08:30) – April 5 (13:30), 2024 Triple Line Up Vesta – Mars – Pluto

• Cool 2

Honestly Patrick, I have no idea what you are talking about.  The open question(s) that are most recent have to do with your belief that Solar Max has already passed. And how your 10.7 and 1 k and 2k spots might provide anyone with a predictive model.  Do you understand the question?  3615 will do as it pleases. @Jesterface23 asked you this question and you asked if you might post something here.  Ya don’t need our permission of course Well you certainly did, it is colourful.  So I’m guessing you don’t care to give a coherent answer at this time.  This is the reason this section exists after all. Have fun, by all means.  😋I mean this statement without malice:  “ These interactions remind me of a BBC programme. “ Monty Python”. 
You need a sense of humour here at all times.  Mike.   This doesn’t mean that what you posted is without merit, it just isn’t congruent to the point where we are presently within SC 25.  I don’t believe anyone ( least of all me of course) understands the dynamics of the sun and what drives it, it’s fine to speculate but two and a half years of this does seem a bit much to me, just sayin.. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
In memory of John Cleese.

Hello @AndrewB, there is an entire thread in the Other forum titled “Heliobiology” with dozens of scientific and medical abstracts explaining how geomagnetic disturbance affects human health. Often, the people affected have preexisting conditions involving hypersensitivity and/or reduced ability to regulate stressors. More research on the topic is happening frequently now, but I no longer share it here because thread was censored and closed inexplicably. The affect is not minor; a G1 solar storm can raise human blood viscosity by up to 20%…

@philalethes Yes, good on you for mentioning Grounding / Earthing.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, David Silver said:

Hello @AndrewB, there is an entire thread in the Other forum titled “Heliobiology” with dozens of scientific and medical abstracts explaining how geomagnetic disturbance affects human health. Often, the people affected have preexisting conditions involving hypersensitivity and/or reduced ability to regulate stressors. More research on the topic is happening frequently now, but I no longer share it here because thread was censored and closed inexplicably. The affect is not minor; a G1 solar storm can raise human blood viscosity by up to 20%…

That is interesting @David Silver  hmmm. Well we certainly have iron in our blood.  And birds allegedly use geomagnetics for navigation,  deep subject material for certain. 

It would appear to me at least that @Patrick P.A. Geryl and me are on two different frequencies and not wishing to offend, probably best that I leave the subject alone until another time.  Mike. 

21 uren geleden, hamateur 1953 zei:

Honestly Patrick, I have no idea what you are talking about.  The open question(s) that are most recent have to do with your belief that Solar Max has already passed. And how your 10.7 and 1 k and 2k spots might provide anyone with a predictive model.  Do you understand the question?  3615 will do as it pleases. @Jesterface23 asked you this question and you asked if you might post something here.  Ya don’t need our permission of course Well you certainly did, it is colourful.  So I’m guessing you don’t care to give a coherent answer at this time.  This is the reason this section exists after all. Have fun, by all means.  😋I mean this statement without malice:  “ These interactions remind me of a BBC programme. “ Monty Python”. 
You need a sense of humour here at all times.  Mike.   This doesn’t mean that what you posted is without merit, it just isn’t congruent to the point where we are presently within SC 25.  I don’t believe anyone ( least of all me of course) understands the dynamics of the sun and what drives it, it’s fine to speculate but two and a half years of this does seem a bit much to me, just sayin.. 

Nobody seems to understand:

1. Published article in  Astrophysics and Space Science that I got the minimum right: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10509-020-03800-x

2. With the SAME formula I calculated the maximum!

3. I found the complete sunspot theory after a search of 50 years and more than 10,000 hours. 

4. With that I can calculate sunspots beforehand and how they will react

5. Here is the link: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/379244771_Fast_Growing_and_Complex_Sunspot

6. As always don't believe it. But keep 1 in mind. 

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

You are correct, I don’t understand it Patrick.  However as I indicated before   , you may be correct.  Presently if memory serves me you are still with Jan Alvestad and his predictions that the first 10.7 and monthly mean of SN June 2023 will be the SC 25 Maximum and not simply a candidate? Just to reiterate before I leave this subject for now. Tnx. Mike 

On 3/28/2024 at 2:12 PM, David Silver said:

@David Silver Thanks, I'll read it in my free time. BTW. As for closing threads - I understand such actions only when people are offended instead of having a substantive discussion. If nothing bad happens apart from discussion and exchange of arguments, it is unscientific censorship regardless of who and where it is done. It's even worse if someone does so, saying that they'e referring to science, but such people are often unconsciously practicing dangerous scientism, not science - and then such censorship would be fatal to the free exchange of arguments and opinions. Regards

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/28/2024 at 6:12 AM, David Silver said:

I liked your comment @David Silverbecause it is of an investigative type ie: no forgone conclusions although no doubt suspicions.    I believe I understand why the thread may have been removed. Unfortunately there are individuals who suffer from a malady known as hypochondria and one individual ( fm) related the drop in KP levels to her chest irritation. Sam no doubt recalls her post.   More than a few men probably raised their eyebrows at this!  Anyway, Just a possibility. I have had posts pulled as well either  for incendiary remarks or reference to a specific you tube poster when I thought about it subsequently.  Best Regards, Mike 

I thought @Sam Warfel may have had a GF or wife that was playing a trick on him I recall now.  Her post was interesting but easily misunderstood.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Remembered more of incident

1 hour ago, Philalethes said:

Neither of these is what actually happened. Fact is that the forum was being flooded with a wide variety of threads pertaining to various speculative topics; I enjoyed taking part in several of those myself, but completely understand why those threads were closed and this thread was created to have a place to take all such discussion instead. It's definitely not censorship, just organizing the location of the discussion to be more in line with the aims of the forum.

I know, I was speaking generally as I see it. I did not refer at all to what took place here, because I was neither a witness nor a participant in it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AndrewB said:

As for closing threads - I understand such actions only when people are offended instead of having a substantive discussion. If nothing bad happens apart from discussion and exchange of arguments, it is unscientific censorship regardless of who and where it is done. It's even worse if someone does so, saying that they'e referring to science, but such people are often unconsciously practicing dangerous scientism, not science - and then such censorship would be fatal to the free exchange of arguments and opinions. Regards

I am sorry you disagree with the closing of threads.  However, this is a space weather and geomagnetism forum dedicated to the discussion of science that is established and supported by a majority of scientists.  Whether "emerging science" is true or not is not really relevant, when it is not the chosen focus of these forums.  As a private business, SpaceWeatherLive has chosen to minimize discussion of unproven theories, and is under no obligation to either support or not support the "free exchange of arguments."  If it is your desire to do so, there are many other places on the internet one can engage in such debates.  Just not here.  This thread remains open as a concession to those who are members of these forums and wish to occasionally discuss less mainstream science, even though it is not the intended focus of these forums. 
Thank you for understanding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You delete a lot of my posts. I’ve never seen a forum do that. It’s usually considered an overreach of a moderator to censor content that is harmless, civil discussion. But whatever, I understand. Heliobiology is neither speculative or an unproven theory, to be clear, for anyone reading who is interested in learning about the immediate effects of space weather as it is happening live. But yes, it’s your forum, and this is not yet a widely known topic. Meanwhile, very exciting flare just went off! Hit me in the right temple before it was on any charts. XO

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, Philalethes said:

Neither of these is what actually happened. Fact is that the forum was being flooded with a wide variety of threads pertaining to various speculative topics; I enjoyed taking part in several of those myself, but completely understand why those threads were closed and this thread was created to have a place to take all such discussion instead. It's definitely not censorship, just organizing the location of the discussion to be more in line with the aims of the forum.

I'm personally irked when people throw the term 'censorship' at an independent website, which is funded partly(or mostly, I'm guessing) by the community. We must understand when our posting habits are not in-line with the mode of discussion enjoyed here - key word being enjoy.

In essence, we can be incorrect and/or speculative, but being both those things as well as antagonistic is certainly unwelcome to the warm folks here. It is behavior that is regular and normal on other popular social media sites, which are held to quite low social and civil standards in comparison to a particularly focused, scientifically-based website.

Others should take precaution when initiating an emotionally-charged discussion pertaining to personal anxiety, just as general life advice. It is unwise to load that into a topic of fact, as it tends to corrupt the purpose and narratives thereof.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minuten geleden, Kayla Bisson zei:

Thank-you for sending me to the link with your prediction- is your forecast for regions something you keep ongoing that I could follow? I have about 1000 questions but I'm genuinely interested in following your work even if we will have to agree to disagree on the date of solar max for at least a few more years 😜 (#solarmax2025orbust)

I published them in the past on this website. It isn’t allowed anymore… not that they were wrong… So ask if they may come back😊

This accurate prediction was published here on this website…
(PDF) How we Predicted the Complexity of AR 2975

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/359993083_How_we_Predicted_the_Complexity_of_AR_2975

Edited by Patrick P.A. Geryl
  • Like 2

13 minuten geleden, Kayla Bisson zei:

With your theory how far in advance are you predicting sunspots and what are the statistics like for accuracy?

I can calculate all complex sunspots. My interpretation is not always perfect because I sometimes make a wrong calculation or I overlooked a planetary alignment.

So in the right circumstances it should be 100%

Here is another one from this website…

(PDF) Electromagnetic Waves and Solar Killshots

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/355037930_Electromagnetic_Waves_and_Solar_Killshots

Edited by Patrick P.A. Geryl
  • Cool 1

Man, I was super excited to try and see what I could gain from this discussion. Lol, then I saw the rules🙄. The things I want to discuss aren't those topics directly but at some point along the line they do intersect, so far as I can tell from the research I've done. I will do my best to tip toe around those subjects, but I just want to say, those are the exact things everyone should be discussing given the scenario we find ourselves in. The sun may start having a much more significant impact on humanity because of those very things. I wouldnt mind discussing it with anyone who may be interested via some other channel. Ok, so assuming I'm not banned yet. To start, I'm only just beginning to watch, research, and theorize about the sun and solar activity. I've no degrees or education of any kind in anything besides manual labor, lol. But I have a curious mind and I get bored a lot, so i think about stuff. I've been kinda working on a theory and it's most definitely flawed given my limited understanding of the subject matter, but I do try every day to learn more and slowly develop this theory of mine. So, I'm not really sure how to go about this. I'm just a regular guy with little education past high school, so please try to bear with me and dumb any responses down for me as best you can. Let's start, so about 2 years ago I kinda fell into the idea that solar weather can and does have an impact on financial markets and cryptocurrencies as well. The main thing I was observing was the sun and it's effect on the price of Bitcoin. The idea was simple, we pretty much know that subatomic particles can and do have noticable effects on computers and their ability to accurately perform their job. Random Access Memory is actually designed with a certain degree of "error correcting" properties that are pretty much required to ensure an acceptable level of day to day operation. In places where the integrity of data is more important than just some guy playing "Call of Duty" (Servers and Server Farms) are equiped with even more robust memory. (ECC). So, to my understanding the most common problem is random flipped bits in memory caused by stray particles thrown from wherever but a lot do come from the sun. This is where Bitcoin comes in, a decentralized global network of computers running an algorithm to check, verify, and secure the BlockChain. So, basically my theory started like this, hypothetically, let's say the sun threw an above average strength earth facing solar flare(just below any radio blackouts) one could "in general" assume that more subatomic particles would be hitting earth than usual. Given that the Bitcoin network is global, one could assume enough these particle COULD cause extra strain on the network through 100s or 1000s of computers having to deal with more "randomly flipped bits" than normal and thus more "error correcting" operations being required from memory chips in the computers to ensure continued operation. So, I wonder am I understanding how all this works right? If a strong enough storm could make computers crash, you could assume a weaker storm might result in a general slowdown for a network running across the globe. The effects to most may go unnoticed or simply missed and explained away by something else. I want to know, if this effect is possible? And if it is could it be measured through something like the BTC network? Because from my understanding, "Mining Difficulty" is something that does play a roll in the price, some how. I'm looking for any insights from people smarter than me to help me develop or just give up on this theory. I know I probably got some things wrong which is why I tried to go with the most generalized ideas about how this might be possible. Does this sound like something that is feasible? Am I misunderstanding some things? Any and all criticism or information is appreciated. Thanks for anyone who took the time to read or respond. God Bless. P.S. the whole reasoning behind my curiosity? Well if any significant correlation between solar activity and the Bitcoin network could nailed down, a person might have a decent "heads-up" for significant swings in the price of Bitcoin and therefore maybe a heads up for buying and selling opportunities. I've been watching for 2 years and it's seems that on more than a handful of occasions big breakouts, whether up or down, in the price of BTC have conincided with increased solar activity. It's most likely "confirmation bias" on my end, but I don't know. What do you think?

• Like 2

2 uren geleden, Kayla Bisson zei:

I appreciate you following up all my questions!  This is a really interesting concept that I'm sure im barely skimming the surface on.... is there anything in your research that explains why some solar cycles are stronger than others or why they have been weak? Is there hope for a major cycle in the future? Do certain combinations cause the different kind of sun spots both in general or for specific major storms?

My apologies for so many questions 

1. Yes it is possible to calculate stronger or weaker sunspot cycles. See my theory. It is explained there.

2. My main focus is on the coming complex sunspots. You don't need many small sunspots... some lonely big ones are the most dangerous...

• Cool 1

15 hours ago, David Silver said:

very exciting flare just went off! Hit me in the right temple before it was on any charts

As you mentioned in the thread that was lock down, only around 10% of people are able to feel these effects,  do you have further literature you could share with me? I think I'm experiencing something similar but I don't  fully understand and I have seen this is a contentious topic on this forum I don't want to debate, can I DM you? I would appreciate 

Edited by olive1989
Typo
  • Like 1