AR13102 watch party! (Old 3088)

WildWill

28 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

To me 3102 looks to be growing to the left. the small spots

or is that an unnamed AR?

Yeah I see that :) it seems a new group from Intensity HMI but in Magnetogram it looks like part of 3102.

Very small but at least growth. 

N.

I guess NOAA will make the call there or those fly boys!

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Newbie said:

Yeah I see that :) it seems a new group from Intensity HMI but in Magnetogram it looks like part of 3102.

Very small but at least growth. 

N.

I guess NOAA will make the call there or those fly boys!

May i ask why theres a 5% chance for X now?

I dont see a delta..

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

May i ask why theres a 5% chance for X now?

I dont see a delta..

There is a little intermixing of polarities, perhaps that is why. 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

More now. What do you say? Is it its own AR?

Hi Min if you look on the HMI magnetogram it all seems to be the one AR. Ultimately NOAA make the call.

N.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newbie said:

There is a little intermixing of polarities, perhaps that is why. 

Hi Min if you look on the HMI magnetogram it all seems to be the one AR. Ultimately NOAA make the call.

N.

Hmm.. I see its growing but i dont know if that can be called alot or fast/rapid. 

The leading spots seem to decay i think? (Umbra shrinking) and the trailing spots seem to grow.

Check out 3103 I haven't got time today. Solen is saying weak deltas are forming. But they haven't updated since yesterday. No it's not going gangbusters!

N.

16 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Hmm.. I see its growing but i dont know if that can be called alot or fast/rapid. 

The leading spots seem to decay i think? (Umbra shrinking) and the trailing spots seem to grow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Check out 3103 I haven't got time today. Solen is saying weak deltas are forming.

3103 definitely looks interesting, it's grown fast, but I haven't seen any delta yet whenever I've checked it out. I guess that's off-topic, though; someone will probably make a thread for it if it does anything cool, maybe I'll even do it myself if it fires off an X-flare or two.

48 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

3103 definitely looks interesting, it's grown fast, but I haven't seen any delta yet whenever I've checked it out. I guess that's off-topic, though; someone will probably make a thread for it if it does anything cool, maybe I'll even do it myself if it fires off an X-flare or two.

I haven’t an opportunity to do it lol. Let’s hope it does something 😊

N.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

Lol a growth sniffer hey?split depth GIF

Hahaha! Exactly! :D

"Just when you thought old sunspot AR3088 was dead, it's back. The decaying sunspot is growing again, adding more than 50% to its area over the past 24 hours"

what do you think about the growth? Is it complex? Something worth speaking about? No new synoptic map for almost 24h and no solen updates, so im asking you guys.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

what do you think about the growth? Is it complex? Something worth speaking about? No new synoptic map for almost 24h and no solen updates, so im asking you guys.

Interesting development, there seems to be some mixing of the polarities, so there might be some hope; I wouldn't call it particularly complex just yet, but if it continues growing like this it might get there.

36 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Hahaha! Exactly! :D

"Just when you thought old sunspot AR3088 was dead, it's back. The decaying sunspot is growing again, adding more than 50% to its area over the past 24 hours"

Not overly complex at the moment. The number of spots has increased. Well worth monitoring.

IMO all three AR's 3100, 3102 and 3103 are all showing interesting development. 

N. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SunspotRager93 said:

I don't get it...what does this mean?

Hello SR93 what is listed here are examples of X flares. 

Solar output ranges from least powerful A, then B, C, M with X flares being the most powerful. 

X flare strength starts at X1 and is open ended. The strongest X flare ever recorded was in excess of X28 in 2003.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Newbie said:

Hello SR93 what is listed here are examples of X flares. 

Solar output ranges from least powerful A, then B, C, M with X flares being the most powerful. 

X flare strength starts at X1 and is open ended. The strongest X flare ever recorded was in excess of X28 in 2003.

Oh, so what Solarflaretracker is saying is that powerful solar flares happen when over the limb?