Is AR2891 active?

Sam Warfel
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

1 minute ago, Jesterface23 said:

100% a direct hit of the early 11/02 CME. The other CMEs didn't stand a chance and it's remains may have been what made this CME's entry a little messy for about 30-60 minutes.

Do you think? Dr.Skov was unsure, thats why im thinking about it! :D 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Yeah, we hit the core or got a second impact around when u posted this.

:)

Sadly I wasn’t watching then. I did photograph the Aurora dimly much earlier that night, see my gallery photo. A bit underwhelming, but I’ll take what I can get for Southern Wisconsin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orneno said:

Sadly I wasn’t watching then. I did photograph the Aurora dimly much earlier that night, see my gallery photo. A bit underwhelming, but I’ll take what I can get for Southern Wisconsin. 

Your picture has some nice greens and oranges/yellow streaks in it. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archmonoth said:

Your picture has some nice greens and oranges/yellow streaks in it. :) 

The orange-yellow is all due to lights from towns reflecting off clouds I think, but the green is definitely Aurora. 

I had hoped for a big bright display with pillars and stuff, given that it was a G3 storm. I wasn’t looking at the right times though, I’m still learning the details. 

• Like 1

Good evening everybody

What a pity, biggest storms stateside when I was at work and just before when I started to go home, the bz went to north for european side 🥵. OK Murphy, congrats, you won again here...

So lets wait anew about the next 100 CMEs, 97 will be backsided, 2 of the other 3 earthsided, but blowing downwards or upwards for maybe, just maybe, a glancing blow nearly noticable and the third one the will finally be a full hit (yeah!), of course with a northern bz after impact (no "yeah!" anymore).

Really hoped for some 144MHz radio aurora again after my last contacts on september 2017 from Switzerland.

Orneno, have you been more lucky with radio contacts via AU then me over there in Wisconsin?

Let's see what is appearing around the corner on the east side - a new hope oder a new disappointment?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chris, HB9DFG said:

Good evening everybody

What a pity, biggest storms stateside when I was at work and just before when I started to go home, the bz went to north for european side 🥵. OK Murphy, congrats, you won again here...

So lets wait anew about the next 100 CMEs, 97 will be backsided, 2 of the other 3 earthsided, but blowing downwards or upwards for maybe, just maybe, a glancing blow nearly noticable and the third one the will finally be a full hit (yeah!), of course with a northern bz after impact (no "yeah!" anymore).

Really hoped for some 144MHz radio aurora again after my last contacts on september 2017 from Switzerland.

Orneno, have you been more lucky with radio contacts via AU then me over there in Wisconsin?

Let's see what is appearing around the corner on the east side - a new hope oder a new disappointment?

Any activity is a new hope!
Don’t feel too disappointed, this much activity is a very good sign and will only improve as we get near Solar Maximum!

And sorry, I don’t do anything with radio. 

• Like 1