Is AR2891 active?

Sam Warfel
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

This is a school example why you sometimes don’t need an X-class flare for a very nice CME. This event was a very long duration event that lasted more than 5 hours and thus generates a great CME. It’s a nice full halo CME which will likely arrive on Thursday but let’s await final imagery of LASCO and see the first predictions. 

Yep you also explained me this thing.

2 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

This is a school example why you sometimes don’t need an X-class flare for a very nice CME. This event was a very long duration event that lasted more than 5 hours and thus generates a great CME. It’s a nice full halo CME which will likely arrive on Thursday but let’s await final imagery of LASCO and see the first predictions. 

What will be the Kp index when the CME hits?

4 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Lasco data is now available! Stereo-A didnt backfill yet. 

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

What do you fix your prediction on? If you got some knowledge, please let me know :) im always eager to learn

Now im only looking how big was CME and how much the amount of plasa was ejected. In this CME we see better then last one how much is going to Earth position.

Edited by Tomasz Mielec

My fingers are crossed for you all and especially for you @Orneno

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

I'm thinking the end of the 4th as well. The shape of the CME isn't tricking me this time. It looks like another side impact or in between, so close to being a direct hit.

Can u elaborate?:) i think im missunderstanding it. 

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

My fingers are crossed for you all and especially for you @Orneno

Thanks MinYoongi 😂

Even when stuff misses, I’m loving all the activity! It beats when I first started hoping for Auroras last year and the sun was fast asleep and not doing a thing. 

12 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Thanks MinYoongi 😂

Even when stuff misses, I’m loving all the activity! It beats when I first started hoping for Auroras last year and the sun was fast asleep and not doing a thing. 

Yes, i remember i started my spaceweather journey in mid 2019. Boy oh boy, it was like 4 Sunspots in that year and not a single flare. 🤔😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/lnyvfd0186

This is my current basic leading view of some CMEs. The leading black line would be a direct hit and the following black lines would be a side impact.

Ah, thank you! And what do you think about the long duration flare related CME? 🥰

Btw: stereo backfilled!

1 hour ago, Tomasz Mielec said:

Looks like G3 or even G4, we will see NOAA predictions.

Spaceweather.com wrote that the CME could spark G2 geomagnetic storm. Read this: 

Estimated time of arrival: Nov. 5th. The impact could spark geomagnetic storms as strong as category G2.

Just now, Space pro said:

Spaceweather.com wrote that the CME could spark G2 geomagnetic storm. Read this: 

Estimated time of arrival: Nov. 5th. The impact could spark geomagnetic storms as strong as category G2.

I hope this turns wrong🤞🤞

8 minutes ago, Space pro said:

They did say that the unknown is possible glancing blow CMEs on the 4th-ish, if these do happen and are strong they could set the stage for stronger storms when the halo CME arrives!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orneno said:

They did say that the unknown is possible glancing blow CMEs on the 4th-ish, if these do happen and are strong they could set the stage for stronger storms when the halo CME arrives!

Thanks I read half🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Space pro said:

Where did they say this? I cant find it 😂