Is AR2891 active?

Sam Warfel
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

2 minutes ago, Tomasz Mielec said:

It looks like. Solar wind on ACE 700km/s obraz.png.79b7cffe91de442d5186062651c99b96.png

Yup, I just got the notification!

Earlier than expected, isn’t it? It doesn’t seem very strong though. 

Maybe ENIL was wrong and this is a glancing blow from an earlier one, not the 2891 halo-CME?

Just now, Orneno said:

Maybe ENIL was wrong and this is a glancing blow from an earlier one, not the 2891 halo-CME?

Is much earlier even ENIL forecast, we must wait

6 hours ago, Marcel de Bont said:

Welcome Dominic. I recognize you from Facebook or Twitter? I have seen your name somewhere haha. Yes, that is indeed a good source where people leave their predictions!

Thanks Marcel ! Maybe from FB but I also participated on the french translation of spacewetherlive :) 

• Thanks 1

Hi Tomasz

Yes indeed, I also watching the steep rise the last minutes of the EPAMp graph in the 2h-plot.

It looks much better than the last one from the dissapointimg X1. Usually a good peak is from

the 1.0E+05 up to the 1.0E+06 mark, so let's see if this is now the early (and fast) arrival of the CME!

31 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I thought it ate up the other cme's ? 

9 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

I thought it ate up the other cme's ? 

Perhaps it was more of an additive superposition, CMEs combining forces?

I see that AR2887 is giving us a parting shot it rounds the west limb - a C5+ flare at 2021-11-03 21:15, coincidentally at about the same time this CME hit and the S1 radiation storm threshold for proton flux was exceeded.

Grab some popcorn !

Edited by Drax Spacex
S1 due to CME hit not from C5 flare

14 minutes ago, Tillson said:

Hemispheric Power could soon reach 100 which would be considered a "very significant geomagnetic storm"?

533.PNG

Edit: Just reached a 100

I have no idea what they mean by “very significant” but this looks like G3 sorta action to me.