Strong far side CME

MinYoongi

5 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

back to topic, do you guys think we will see it back around? it doesnt look "big" on farside imagery, if i recall correctly.

61d9fd83b0958e44a5c3e52cc8c27ca4.png

am i right with that region? :D 

AR3575 is a bit lower than your arrow.

IMG_4030.thumb.jpeg.078ae2d15397e32e417b1487f61369b9.jpeg

I’m hopeful it will return, but all the large CMEs make me question how much complexity would be left if it did. It has looked small on the farside imagery the entire time so I wouldn’t use its size to come to any conclusions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maciej Dunst said:

I don't think it's fear mongering. Based on the knowledge about recent biggest geomagnetic storms, all of them were an effect of 2 or more ICMEs hitting earth. There we had 5 or 6 very big ICMEs in just about a week. Of course I don't say it for sure would do a harm to our electric infrastructure or satellite network, but it's very likely. 

And yes, it is speculative, just like all space weather until we get some hard data. Scientist did speculate about recent solar storms, so why shouldn't we do it now? 

What did you think would happen? Sorry I’m new here. Just got out of this suspicious observers stuff and eventually found out he is full of crap, however I still have anxiety from it.

12 hours ago, Calder said:

AR3575 is a bit lower than your arrow.

IMG_4030.thumb.jpeg.078ae2d15397e32e417b1487f61369b9.jpeg

I’m hopeful it will return, but all the large CMEs make me question how much complexity would be left if it did. It has looked small on the farside imagery the entire time so I wouldn’t use its size to come to any conclusions.

It just produced another one

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

I normally scroll past Lasco. Wow. That was impressive!!  @Calderis probably correct in summary of its relative strength no doubt and personally I am amazed at its overall productivity.  I lost count at five notable high latitude CMEs from what could only have been AR 3575! 

Edited by hamateur 1953

32 minutes ago, mozy said:

Looks like there is one more now just right after this one.

But is it from 3575 to the south like the previous ones or the big one from my farside screenshot? (cause you qouted it) :) 

When looking at Suvi and Lasco i'd say its pretty far south so likely old 3575?

(im a bit dense today due to being stuck in the hospital so bare with me :) ) 

5 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

But is it from 3575 to the south like the previous ones or the big one from my farside screenshot? (cause you qouted it) :) 

When looking at Suvi and Lasco i'd say its pretty far south so likely old 3575?

(im a bit dense today due to being stuck in the hospital so bare with me :) ) 

I rarely correct people on typographical errors, However homonyms or two words that are pronounced the same, Like Bear and Bare have two very different meanings. Particularly in context at times @MinYoongi  I believe you are German. Hopefully your illness is only temporary, Mike/Hagrid 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I rarely correct people on typographical errors, However homonyms or two words that are pronounced the same, Like Bear and Bare have two very different meanings. Particularly in context at times @MinYoongi  I believe you are German. Hopefully your illness is only temporary, Mike/Hagrid 

oops! Thank you! :) 

Only temporary illness.

• Like 2