Region 3190

MinYoongi

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Almost M5 Flare! Woohoo.

Didnt think it had that in it - to be honest. because yesterday it looked like that :

bd7aee2ef6ccfffda3db7756a883f213.png

And today looks like this (weakened)

f8fd9dc63495f0901c6cb76b48f97053.png

I can also spot no delta. 

This might be your answer, I wonder if it's stronger/ a bit bigger than what we can see atm.

eb4cb9bcee5d1ce838f3fbdf5e76434e.png

Edited by mozy

Or it's just because that sunspot is so big it can still trigger flares lol

What do you mean with what we can see atm? is this region still forshortened?

I don't think so but sometimes delta spots are stronger than what we can see, you remember last time after the flare it suddenly became stronger / easier to spot, might be another one of those occasions.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, mozy said:

Or it's just because that sunspot is so big it can still trigger flares lol

I don't think so but sometimes delta spots are stronger than what we can see, you remember last time after the flare it suddenly became stronger / easier to spot, might be another one of those occasions.

Will definitely watch the Intensigram after the flare!

Now back to the flare, eruptive? I thiiink i dont see dimming in 195 BUT i just recently started with the whole dimming stuff. it was a pretty impulsive flare that reached its peak rather quick but i think i remember Dr.Tamitha Skov explaining that when they go down slow, theyre ejecting CME's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

seems we're not done with flaring yet.. flux going up again

cute lil double flare.

That second bump came from 3186

Or perhaps not, looked bright on first images but wasn't too big

5 minutes ago, mozy said:

That second bump came from 3186

Or perhaps not, looked bright on first images but wasn't too big

Probably a C Flare, thought so too at first.

I do see some "movement" in 195.

The "Delta" @mozy pointed out seems to be growing, its super tiny and not at all close to the leading spot so im puzzled about its flare-ability and how it managed to produce a High M Class Long duration flare. bcb6132b8a437821035ac5971eca34df.png3cc35a02350bb5aa58a92213ad4abfe0.png

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

what is that hole? In the intensigram theres black, no lack of sunspot or anything. just a field with low magnetic shear? 

according to this magnetogram there should be no black in the intensigram i think?

My first thought would be a sensor overload due to a strong spot, but we'll see when it comes closer to center disk if it is that.

11 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Going through the top 25 regions archive there are a few examples. Here would be one,

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/region/11967.html

But is the hole a coincidence or due to strength is what im wondering. because the region looks like a plain beta to me. so its not a sign of complexity per say but the individual sunspots (could be an alpha for an example) strength? 

But is the hole a coincidence or due to strength is what im wondering. because the region looks like a plain beta to me. so its not a sign of complexity per say but the individual sunspots (could be an alpha for an example) strength? 

Possibly the strength of the one spot. It may somewhat explain the connections between region 3191 and 3190?

7 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It may somewhat explain the connections between region 3191 and 3190?

I dont think so. I've seen some (like 2?) regions being connected a bit with each other without being particulary strong or showing such a "hole"

are they still showing signs of interconnection?

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I dont think so. I've seen some (like 2?) regions being connected a bit with each other without being particulary strong or showing such a "hole"

are they still showing signs of interconnection?

Pretty much was a guess,  but the 3191 region flares put on a show, especially in the 131 imagery at least.

They are just about always connected in a way,

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Going through the top 25 regions archive there are a few examples. Here would be one,

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/region/11967.html

I remember that region clearly, people were speculating whether that hole prevented the region from popping of completely or not, despite being super complex with multiple strong deltas Its max flare was only around the M6 range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mozy said:

I remember that region clearly, people were speculating whether that hole prevented the region from popping of completely or not, despite being super complex with multiple strong deltas Its max flare was only around the M6 range.

So the hole could be a bad sign for this AR? But then again, it's only beta, I didn't expect any activity from it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Sam Warfel said:

So the hole could be a bad sign for this AR? But then again, it's only beta, I didn't expect any activity from it in the first place.

I don't know, I only read a bunch of people speculating back then that the holes could be some kind of interruption, but again as yesterday, it's (possibly?) developing a delta as we speak

76c7f312bd48c3ad12d0e81127cc8d6d.png

1 hour ago, Sam Warfel said:

Well, AR12192 during cycle 24 had one of these holes too and it produced 6 X class flares. But to be fair, the strongest was only an X3.1, so maybe that hole was holding back an X20 or larger hahaha. My guess would be that it’s a sensor thing or something along those lines. I have no idea though.

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/region/12192.html

• Like 1