AR 13182, X1 flare!

Isatsuki San

5 minutes ago, SunspotRager93 said:

Is this common to happen? What I mean is like does a region flare and then flare again like how it is right now? Is that common?

It occurs often, one event triggers another area in the region.

• Like 2

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

Yay, sparky finally launched. Now to see it it is a good CME.

It launches to the right (west) as far as i can see and the region is not in a good position anyways

if anyone has a clue as to why the ramp down is getting slower and slower please let me know. I'm currently often reading papers and read a book about sunspots but there are still things to learn 🙂 

1 minute ago, Jesterface23 said:

It's not pointed directly at us, but it is in a reasonable position and if it is large enough it may impact us. We just don't even know the size or speed yet.

i agree with you but how can it in any way impact us when its not only in a bad position but also the ejecta seems strongly to go to the west? i try to make a loop gif

3 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

As CME's leave the sun they grow bigger we could get some parts of that CME on our way i hope.

understandable 

now its starting to ramp down slightly faster. before only 0,4 - 0,6 per minute. now up to 0,30

12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i agree with you but how can it in any way impact us when its not only in a bad position but also the ejecta seems strongly to go to the west? i try to make a loop gif

These are different major events, but we've been hit by CMEs that have launched from the limb of the Sun. So all we can do is wait for coronagraph imagery.

56 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

i have to disagree it clearly launches to the west 

Never forget the Parker spiral effect too 😉

M4.6 was a somewhat long duration event so there’s good hope for a descent CME. Looks like there is some coronal dimming and some ejects to be seen. But as usual waiting for LASCO imagery for the CME trajectory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Never forget the Parker spiral effect too 😉

M4.6 was a somewhat long duration event so there’s good hope for a descent CME. Looks like there is some coronal dimming and some ejects to be seen. But as usual waiting for LASCO imagery for the CME trajectory.

There is some Lasco imagery up to 21:24 but nothing visible there.

i asked Dr.Skov a while ago and she said the parker spiral effect doesnt apply to CME's. Only Protons

1 minuut geleden, MinYoongi zei:

There is some Lasco imagery up to 21:24 but nothing visible there.

That’s bit too early to see.

1 minuut geleden, MinYoongi zei:

i asked Dr.Skov a while ago and she said the parker spiral effect doesnt apply to CME's. Only Protons

Well a CME will indeed push through the spiral but particles can still go along the flow and reach earth. Not only solar protons. For example the CME of the X28 on the western limb did have a flank impact on Earth! If it was on the eastern limb it would likely not have reached Earth as it’s against the flow of the Parker spiral. Just to say that regions don’t have to be Center disk, even if they’re moving to the western limb there’s still chance.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

@MinYoongia visual representation of what I explained:

7D3F0CB1-E566-4582-9C4A-BDE710FA0F6E.png

Thank you. I always struggle with those Charts though so i have to stare at it for a couple more minutes :D:D ! 

Will you guys keep us updated through a news article or in the forum regarding CME impact? :) 

45 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Perhaps it’s not called the Parker Spiral strictly speaking, but anything launched from the sun should exhibit some spiraling motion, as the sun spins. The faster the launched material, the less pronounced. For example, CMEs faster than the solar wind exhibit less spiraling than the solar wind, but should still spiral some 

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

what do you think about the CMES? Cannibal maybe? for everyone else interested in updates : https://twitter.com/SolarHam/status/1614403275389894656

Doesn’t look great, but it is still early 

• Like 1