CME, G1-G3 storm predicted

MinYoongi

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

agradable :) ya que son 2 horas "tarde" (tomar tarde con un grano de sal ya que no podemos precisar la llegada) ¿qué tan rápido crees que podría ser y G2 todavía está en las cartas?

to be that my conclusion is right :D

Just now, Flareguy18 said:

We arei n the initial shockwave of the CME which tends to have wildly variable IMF and solar wind parameters. IT does tend to stabilize when we are past this shockwave and are in the "main" part of the CME.

I wonder if it contains a Flux Rope :)

so how long does the transition from sheath region to main core take ? Or is there no telling?

Have fun hunting aurora! Take some pics for poor mozy and me :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

The solar wind speed looks good, but the imf is not very strong and hasn’t been very consistent. Hopefully it stabilizes more 

Any luck seeing an aurora? I just texted my daughter who's in Northern Idaho, which is well into the auroral oval right now.

3 hours ago, Flareguy18 said:

@Ornenoand I had some luck! We only had a faint horizon display most of the night. I'll try to get some pictures up on the forum later.

I posted a few of my best to the gallery just now @Flareguy18 @MinYoongi. Not much to look at, but it was definitely a very dim aurora! At KP4, technically. 

• Like 1

I just heard confirmation of visible aurora in Minnesota last night from an unlikely source - The Golf Channel!  The 3M Open is currently being played in Blaine, MN.  The commentator mentioned the Aurora Borealis caused by a geomagnetic storm was seen by many Minnesotans even in the southern parts of the state.  The commentator pondered whether Minnesotans would be treated to another aurora display tonight (tee hee!) 😁.

2 hours ago, Drax Spacex said:

I just heard confirmation of visible aurora in Minnesota last night from an unlikely source - The Golf Channel!  The 3M Open is currently being played in Blaine, MN.  The commentator mentioned the Aurora Borealis caused by a geomagnetic storm was seen by many Minnesotans even in the southern parts of the state.  The commentator pondered whether Minnesotans would be treated to another aurora display tonight (tee hee!) 😁.

Lol maybe we should be all watching the Golf channel instead of the dedicated Space Weather sites, to find out where the real action is happening. BTW did you ever find the ball from the errant swing you took? Lol! 😃

N.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Newbie said:

Lol maybe we should be all watching the Golf channel instead of the dedicated Space Weather sites, to find out where the real action is happening. BTW did you ever find the ball from the errant swing you took? Lol! 😃

N.

I thought I saw it on LASCO last week orbiting the Sun, but it turned out to be Mercury 😉

• Haha 2