CME, G1-G3 storm predicted

MinYoongi

Just now, LunarLights58 said:

They were a few spikes a few hours ago and at least one went above 600 km/s. The latest one was just a bit less brief.

No arrival yet. You'll know it when you see it

What could be the cause of such a spike?

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Good catch, Mozy. :)

well the speed kind of fits with the arrival time, right?

I don't know, I'm not keeping up with CME's & arrival times during summer when it's impossible to spot anything here anyways 😝

1 minute ago, mozy said:

I don't know, I'm not keeping up with CME's & arrival times during summer when it's impossible to spot anything here anyways 😝

Yup, its almost 5am here and the sun is getting up. When does aurora season start again? September?

Is the cme a good one? Does it fit the forecast? Good luck and have fun @Orneno @Flareguy18 :)

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Yup, its almost 5am here and the sun is getting up. When does aurora season start again? September?

Mid august is when I usually start spotting the dim grey/green bands around KP 5

CME looks decent, not a weak one, but nothing spectacular either, but I'd say it's pretty good coming from a small C-class pop.

7 minutes ago, mozy said:

CME looks decent, not a weak one, but nothing spectacular either, but I'd say it's pretty good coming from a small C-class pop.

Why is the BZ (and other parameters) jumpy like that? Will that stabilize?

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

We arei n the initial shockwave of the CME which tends to have wildly variable IMF and solar wind parameters. IT does tend to stabilize when we are past this shockwave and are in the "main" part of the CME.

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Not sure what's the cause of that

If I'm not mistaken though this happens often in "sheath" regions if that's the word I'm thinking of

Edited by mozy