ARs3030/3032 (M3 flare, CME)

Sam Warfel
Message added by Sam Warfel,

(This topic is now officially for both AR3030 and AR3032, they are very related. This is the region that fired the M3 and CME)

There she blows, now we're cooking with gas! Looking at the config. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3033 everything else looks relatively stable. 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Something is long time flaring, looks like 3034? or 3030?

could be more than 1 regions contributing to the flux too

And we're at R1

Edited by Newbie

5 minutes ago, Newbie said:

There she blows, now we're cooking with gas! Looking at the config. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3033/4? everything else looks relatively stable.

And we're at R1

Yeah but i cant tell if there are more than 1 region flaring etc. @Orneno once told me a good wavelength for SDO AIA but i dont remember it.

27 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Yeah but i cant tell if there are more than 1 region flaring etc. @Orneno once told me a good wavelength for SDO AIA but i dont remember it.

It appears that 3032 is the only one flaring. I think the wavelength he told you about was 1600.

Edit: And just as I say this 3033 also started flaring 😆

Edited by Calder

7 minutes ago, Bedreamon said:

This flare definitely feels like a long-term one. I heard that CMEs from 'long-term but weaker' flares are more potent than ones from flares that're 'stronger but shorter-term'. I might be wrong, though.

Yep! Sometimes.

Sorry for my short answers, im just so tired. Its 6 am 😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bedreamon said:

This flare definitely feels like a long-term one. I heard that CMEs from 'long-term but weaker' flares are more potent than ones from flares that're 'stronger but shorter-term'. I might be wrong, though.

It certainly took it's time building up to M3.1, ratio is stll high it may creep up a bit more.

N.

Whats interesting to me is the C-Class Flares beforehand. Some of them were from 3033; I believe. And then 3030 just kicked it off. 

The First M Class it fired on the 10th was short or long duration? Does anyone remember?

If I'm correct it was long-ish with 2 peaks.

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Whats interesting to me is the C-Class Flares beforehand. Some of them were from 3033; I believe. And then 3030 just kicked it off. 

The First M Class it fired on the 10th was short or long duration? Does anyone remember?

Min. You can look up the 7 day data for GOES X-ray  flux. :)

6 minutes ago, Calder said:

It seems as though this flare has triggered the surrounding areas to flare as well.

That's what it appears to be :)

Edited by Newbie

15 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

You are correct. It was long duration and it had two peaks that were only a minute apart. Had a C4.1 just before.D18B58D4-3059-459A-A02D-24711AA67ECB.jpeg.fc69a7229e95fefd3a9d73e0eae5bc08.jpeg

Edited by Calder

3 minutes ago, Calder said:

CME on stereo now

Awesome :)

4 minutes ago, Isatsuki San said:

was 3032 who gave the solar flare m? he hardly appears, he hardly surprises and he is an alpha

Hello Isatsuki San:

We'll have to wait for the exact flare location! Using the 094 pic it looks like the whole area is flaring.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calder said:

CME on stereo nowB16EDBD7-2716-4E14-895B-33AC5FF69055.thumb.jpeg.4affd7b7f5c7c0eae67ae1278b7a70c9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Awesome :)

Here is the dimming of the cme! So cool.

To me it does not look like it has any earth directed component, i could be wrong though? Did not see a Wave move towards the center 

Also the Type2 Emission was really slow, like the flare :) haha 

12 minutes ago, Isatsuki San said:

was 3032 who gave the solar flare m? he hardly appears, he hardly surprises and he is an alpha

No, 3030

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

To me it does not look like it has any earth directed component, i could be wrong though? Did not see a Wave move towards the center 

Hi Min. You can check it out in Solar Demon yourself, I'm going to. The movie stopped too quickly so I'm not sure whether there was a wave or not. It certainly is a big dimming event. Lasco will have the final say. Thanks for sharing :)

... so it was attributed to 3030, that's interesting,  I don't know where that active region starts or stops anymore!

I looked at the CME again, there was no wave I could see!

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Oh my god, same 😀😀

Whoever makes the call on Sunspot numbering needs to take a break IMHO.

27 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

No, 3030

Now we've got the real deal :) Type II and Type IV Radio Bursts. There will be something good, whether it is for us - we'll see!

• Like 2