AR13004

4 minutes ago, Strom said:

Another delta spot on 3004?

AR3004.jpg

I've been watching that the whole day, it keeps disappearing & reappearing, I don't know what to make of it, if It's a visual glitch or if it can be a potential delta in the future if it develops further.

wondering that also! 

Just now, mozy said:

I've been watching that the whole day, it keeps disappearing & reappearing, I don't know what to make of it, if It's a visual glitch or if it can be a potential delta in the future if it develops further.

ah, so it popped up earlier?

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

wondering that also! 

ah, so it popped up earlier?

This is like the third time that spot has appeared in the same location, that's why I'm wondering if It's a visual glitch or if it really is there. Has been the same size all the time, never gotten bigger, just the color of the blue that's been fluctuating from dimmer to darker blue occasionally.

35 minutes ago, mozy said:

This is like the third time that spot has appeared in the same location, that's why I'm wondering if It's a visual glitch or if it really is there. Has been the same size all the time, never gotten bigger, just the color of the blue that's been fluctuating from dimmer to darker blue occasionally.

Hmm, its hard to tell. Is there an archive with todays pictures anywhere? I can only find the latest one.

43 minutes ago, mozy said:

b65f4149c8d7e78858b0d2af30744d81.png

to me it still looks like a lil delta trying to form between the blue areas.. am i tripping?

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

b65f4149c8d7e78858b0d2af30744d81.png

to me it still looks like a lil delta trying to form between the blue areas.. am i tripping?

No delta development there.

However, assuming It's not a visual glitch after all, looks like we may have a really small delta spot at the odd spot we talked about earlier.

a51cf772ec2e75fd28fff7d69bc379fe.png

f5bc39f45b6b8c0065c37046e01f60e5.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mozy said:

No delta development there.

However, assuming It's not a visual glitch after all, looks like we may have a really small delta spot at the odd spot we talked about earlier.

a51cf772ec2e75fd28fff7d69bc379fe.png

f5bc39f45b6b8c0065c37046e01f60e5.png

Ah, but its so tiny. Well, maybe it grows.

did the previous delta shrunk more? 

Just now, MinYoongi said:

did the previous delta shrunk more? 

It does look a bit weaker/smaller yes, but potential for stronger flaring will still be there, but this region annoys me, I just know it will flare once it starts getting closer to the limb.

21 minutes ago, mozy said:

It does look a bit weaker/smaller yes, but potential for stronger flaring will still be there, but this region annoys me, I just know it will flare once it starts getting closer to the limb.

I'm sorry Mozy, your frustration must be huge. Especially after 2993/4 fizzled.

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I'm sorry Mozy, your frustration must be huge. Especially after 2993/4 fizzled.

I wasn't really that bothered by them, this one however, since it grew so fast at an earthfacing position & been having that strong delta spot for a long time now but barely makes it into M-class, also no CME's whatsoever😝

4 at the moment but, they are compact. It’s hard to say how long they will last before they could seperate from their surrounding penumbra’s of opposite polarity.

Not that I’m writing this area off just yet, how can you in its current state 🤷‍♂️ But, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this region grow dramatically in its far side journey and issue some good CME’s before returning. It appears some smaller spots may be developing in the surrounding areas of this region.

We just have to wait and see though, for now it’s just presumptive guess work.

D56BAAF1-9A3B-4985-97EA-0E1B86398581.jpeg

Edited by Jack

14 minutes ago, Jack said:

4 at the moment but, they are compact. It’s hard to say how long they will last before seperate from their surrounding penumbra’s of opposite polarity.

D56BAAF1-9A3B-4985-97EA-0E1B86398581.jpeg

" It’s hard to say how long they will last before seperate from their surrounding penumbra’s of opposite polarity." What would that mean? 

It would be reduced to a magnetic Gamma region most likely if all of them separated. Looking at it for now, that’s not likely to be the case for all of them in the very short term.

Edited by Jack

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

It would be reduced to a magnetic Gamma region most likely if all of them separated. Looking at it for now, that’s not likely to be the case for all of them in the very short term.

so is the region getting more complex, staying the same or decaying in the longer run? Thank you for the awesome update! :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

so is the region getting more complex, staying the same or decaying in the longer run? Thank you for the awesome update! :) 

You’re welcome Min.

Well for now, we can only say that the emergence of 4 Delta spots ‘adds’ a certain degree of complexity.

I would only be guessing as to what I believe the future holds. There is plenty of opportunity for more spots to form and seperate in this region which has shown itself to develop and evolve rather quickly.

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

You’re welcome Min.

Well for now, we can only say that the emergence of 4 Delta spots ‘adds’ a certain degree of complexity.

I would only be guessing as to what I believe the future holds. There is plenty of opportunity for more spots to form and seperate in this region which has shown itself to develop and evolve rather quickly.

Thats an interesting take, because earlier some said the delta is weakening/collapsing. 

19 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Thats an interesting take, because earlier some said the delta is weakening/collapsing. 

Don’t get me wrong, that appeared to be happening but, we can only go off how it looks right now and although some of the Delta spots might fall away there is nothing to suggest that others cannot emerge in a region seeing such rapid development as is proven by the region containing 4 deltas at current.

let the polarities mix and the pot stir….We’ll see what happens soon enough 😁

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1