AR13004

2 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

I always thought Delta's make X-Class Flaring *very* probable but from what I can read, people still expect more M than X - Class Action? 

Beta-gamma-delta regions are capable of strong solar flares, but only the very complex regions with several strong delta structures can produce the bigger X-Class solar flares. A region with a small delta spot is only good for M-flares, big delta structures that are very close to other spots have the strongest magnetic shear and cause X-class flares.

this region has a compact delta spot close to the other spot so X-class flare can’t be ruled out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Beta-gamma-delta regions are capable of strong solar flares, but only the very complex regions with several strong delta structures can produce the bigger X-Class solar flares. A region with a small delta spot is only good for M-flares, big delta structures that are very close to other spots have the strongest magnetic shear and cause X-class flares.

this region has a compact delta spot close to the other spot so X-class flare can’t be ruled out.

Thank you 🙂

So an X-Class isnt ruled out but it only harbours energy for low X-Class + M-Class flaring is more probable because it has not developed more deltas etc. ? 

Hah the whole shear thing, it's actually so hard to find good information about this, even in Noaa's glossary. Still happy you explained that a while back :D

One more thing, in it's forecast noaa said that the spot grew in spot count. When i watch the sunspot archive on here, the spot has less spots than yesterday. Noaa drunk again?

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

mozy, for the first time ever, i found the delta myself :)! 

You'll be good at it soon enough with the solar cycle ramping up quickly now. ^^

I guess we can just relax for a day or two before this region starts firing some X-classes as they normally do ;) 

You know, they'd rather wait until they're not directly facing earth. or if they do they don't produce any CME's 😝

Edited by mozy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mozy said:

You'll be good at it soon enough with the solar cycle ramping up quickly now. ^^

I guess we can just relax for a day or two before this region starts firing some X-classes as they normally do ;) 

You know, they'd rather wait until they're not directly facing earth. or if they do they don't produce any CME's 😝

Argh, is the spot alreaedy departing? 

54 minutes ago, Jack said:

Getting better now 👌

A751810C-86A9-457C-ADEB-C6D5D1209955.jpeg

Are they new? 

noaa classified the spot as Beta Gamma and i was already wondering if there still is a delta. So now its even two? What does that change?

Edited by MinYoongi

24 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

Are they new? 

noaa classified the spot as Beta Gamma and i was already wondering if there still is a delta. So now its even two? What does that change?

Region 13004 [S14W17] developed quickly and has a fairly strong magnetic delta with the leading penumbra. Major flares, including X class flares, are possible.

Always check Soleninfo. NOAA ARE AMATEURS.

35 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

It still has two strong magnetic delta structures like @Jack nicely has shown in his image. So it's still beta-gamma-delta 😉 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

It still has two strong magnetic delta structures like @Jack nicely has shown in his image. So it's still beta-gamma-delta 😉 

Classical Noa move.. its sad.

I asked earlier if that changes Flare likeliness alot, because it previously had only 1 Delta.

I'm quite baffled how this region is struggling to even get into the upper C-class range, would've expected atleast a couple of M-flares since yesterday, probably only a matter of time though.

33 minutes ago, mozy said:

I'm quite baffled how this region is struggling to even get into the upper C-class range, would've expected atleast a couple of M-flares since yesterday, probably only a matter of time though.

Yes, from what i can see when comparing SDO images, its still growing.

Dont know if its getting more or less complex though.

Just now, mozy said:

Nope, unfortunately not.

Ah, im sorry then. 

Any news on our Region? 

To me it looks like the existing delta(s? i dont know if its one or two?) got a little more compact? I dont know if it changes much about the regions flare potential though :< 

I thought the recent M-Class came from it, but it's only producing C-Class Flares as of now.

by the way: Noaa still assigning it as Beta Gamma 🤡

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Ah, im sorry then. 

Any news on our Region? 

To me it looks like the existing delta(s? i dont know if its one or two?) got a little more compact? I dont know if it changes much about the regions flare potential though :< 

I thought the recent M-Class came from it, but it's only producing C-Class Flares as of now.

by the way: Noaa still assigning it as Beta Gamma 🤡

The first M class came from it, the second one from AR3006, the delta's are still there but shrinking a bit.

15 minutes ago, mozy said:

The first M class came from it, the second one from AR3006, the delta's are still there but shrinking a bit.

it is shrinking a lot sadly

45 minutes ago, mozy said:

Hope we get more spot formation soon or it might collapse completely.

50 minutes ago, abc said:

it is shrinking a lot sadly

Oh, so the spot / delta is decaying? 

To me it looked like it was growing 😧