AR2975, M9 flare

Sam Warfel

28 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Keep us updated :) does it need to Backfill data?

There are some images that need to be backfilled, sadly

4 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I don’t see any LASCO of the M9 yet… 

Tired Over It GIF by Desus & Mero

Should be any minute! (I hope)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flareguy18 said:

It does. There is almost always a lag of at least a couple of hours for when imagery comes in. 

Yeah. As far as I know, it also needs to get processed in some parts by humans. I remember in solar minimum there wasnt a single Lasco Update in DAYS.

Lasco 👿 hurry

New update from Noaa:

Although
data gaps in coronagraph imagery have made characterizing the event
difficult, it likely has an Earth-directed component to it. Preliminary
modelling is in progress.

Why is no one talking about it? 

Also: noaa doesnt think X1 flare will have an impact but nasa does. Why? 

Just now, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Makes sense. 

Also:

I occasionally use spaceweather.com but sometimes the page owner (dr.tony phillips) makes mistakes. Attaches wrong lasco movies etc.. 2 days ago he said a cme is coming and it was the farside one

20 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

Im a bit bummed out nobody is talking about yesterdays CME.. we waited for lasco so long 

Im a bit scared again, but moved off twitter to here and thats helping

We’re not talking about it simply because LASCO imagery is still not complete and because of that analysis of the CME still can’t be made. Have a bit of patience please. And nothing to worry about as it won’t be anything dangerous.

6 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

We’re not talking about it simply because LASCO imagery is still not complete and because of that analysis of the CME still can’t be made. Have a bit of patience please. And nothing to worry about as it won’t be anything dangerous.

I thought so. I think especially due to a far side cme happening almost in the same time span it can be tricky. The trajectory seems to be hard to predict for this one. I was just scared because theres also the X1 related CME coming, and the shock of the M9 one was pretty fast. I cant really say anything for actual CME imagery because i dont know how "strong" ones look like compared to those.

I love how yesterday I said "it should be any minute" for the new LASCO imagery, since it showed images to 1906 UTC. And here we are this morning... still waiting 😂😅

I'm longing for the day that CCOR-1 becomes operational!

5 minutes ago, Flareguy18 said:

I love how yesterday I said "it should be any minute" for the new LASCO imagery, since it showed images to 1906 UTC. And here we are this morning... still waiting 😂😅

Lesson: never count your LASCO frames before they’re hatched 😆

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Flareguy18 said:

I'm longing for the day that CCOR-1 becomes operational!

What is CCOR-1? Is that the Satellite previously mentioned operated by GOES with new Coronagraphs? 😍