AR 3500

tniickck

5 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

whats your expectation? 

Just wait for LASCO (patience is your best friend in space weather 😂).

Purely based on coronal dimming it looks pretty symmetrical and will very likely be a full halo. Once LASCO imagery is in, we can see how the CME propagates and at what speed it moves to predict a possible arrival time (and then it will be patience again until the arrival to know the real odds for aurora chances)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Just wait for LASCO (patience is your best friend in space weather 😂).

Purely based on coronal dimming it looks pretty symmetrical and will very likely be a full halo. Once LASCO imagery is in, we can see how the CME propagates and at what speed it moves to predict a possible arrival time (and then it will be patience again until the arrival to know the real odds for aurora chances)

If impatience was a person it would be me ;) 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/news/view/9/20140910-x16-solar-flare-from-sunspot-region-2158.html @Vancanneyt Sander someone pointed this out on twitter,  its always nice to read old stuff 🙂 joined in 2019.

today's dimming is stronger, i suppose. just my opinion, and it has better location so it will not be send north 

12 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/news/view/9/20140910-x16-solar-flare-from-sunspot-region-2158.html @Vancanneyt Sander someone pointed this out on twitter,  its always nice to read old stuff 🙂 joined in 2019.

Well SpaceWeatherLive started in 2008 😜, the Dutch version was even earlier dating from 2005. And exactly 20 years ago today I started my first astronomy website and was already following space weather. 

again on-topic: EPAM is responding to the flare that occurred with a rise in electron and protons. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Strong coronal dimming, and looking at the dimming imagery it looks promising 😎 looking forward to see LASCO imagery tomorrow 

I suspect we're going to get LASCO imagery pretty soon for this, at least recently it seems they're prioritizing it whenever there's potential activity.

In fact, I think I can make out a faint glow all around the disc on C2 on the very latest image.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

I think I can make out a faint glow all around the disc on C2 on the very latest image.

ah, so likely full halo? :) 

4 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

again on-topic: EPAM is responding to the flare that occurred with a rise in electron and protons. 

ah, thats typical right? with everything going on i did not pay attention to that.. oops

ALERT: Type II Radio Emission
Begin Time: 2023 Nov 28 1934 UTC
Estimated Velocity: 340 km/s   

@Vancanneyt Sander  is that a bug?

6 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

ah, thats typical right? with everything going on i did not pay attention to that.. oops

See our help section 😉

7 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

is that a bug?

There where two type II alerts, one 340km/sec and second 854km/sec. Keep in mind that’s the speed of the radio emission and not the CME.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

See our help section 😉

There where two type II alerts, one 340km/sec and second 854km/sec. Keep in mind that’s the speed of the radio emission and not the CME.

yeah i know. but im still confused with them, i asked this so many times but i always got conflicting answers. one party says the radio emission speed can/is correlated somewhat with the CME speed (moving ahead of it like a wave or smth) and others say its not alligned at all. 🙃

Hmm, I don't know what happened to Goes 18 but it makes me laugh a little how he moves from one side to the other, but I know you're not ready yet. but my suspicion is that the cme moves at 940 kilometers per second or 1120 kilometers per second, it will arrive on December 1 more or less between 21 UTC or perhaps it would arrive on December 2,

Zojuist, Isatsuki San zei:

Hmm, I don't know what happened to Goes 18 but it makes me laugh a little how he moves from one side to the other, but I know you're not ready yet. but my suspicion is that the cme moves at 940 kilometers per second or 1120 kilometers per second, it will arrive on December 1 more or less between 21 UTC or perhaps it would arrive on December 2,

That’s really preliminary 😂

we need LASCO for a good CME speed indication 😜

lets enjoy the nice dimming sequence again:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isatsuki San said:

how did you do the math? what did you base it on? interested in this

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

¿Cómo hiciste los cálculos? ¿en qué te basaste? interesado en esto

Don't take me into account as much, as I said it's a guess, I use a little go 18 since I remember the estimated speeds of the cmes that you have passed before, what I base it on is only the speeds that I saw previously, but I still don't know which one. Can I be right about this, it is just a suspicion for now, there is nothing proven that I can be right,

11 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Eso es realmente preliminar 😂

Necesitamos LASCO para una buena indicación de velocidad CME 😜

Disfrutemos nuevamente de la agradable secuencia de atenuación:

12 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Eso es realmente preliminar 😂

Necesitamos LASCO para una buena indicación de velocidad CME 😜

Disfrutemos nuevamente de la agradable secuencia de atenuación:

I know Vancanneyt Sander, I just wanted to give a little suspicion, I know that my theory can be disproved very easily with lasco

• Like 1