AR 3500

tniickck

14 minutes ago, LunarLights58 said:

It looks good but 3490 is also b-g-d and already Earth-facing

its a very small delta where the tiny delta speck is far away from the other spot i believe

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

b-g-d and big size, keep an eye on it

This is how the region Looks as of 00:00UTC

fa43532936fdfb0898002a88922a61fe.pngd670d1661210a5d3199a9fe4ead4eda5.png

i dont know if this is an active delta. @mozy what do you say? i sadly dont know if the region is growing or rather staying the same since i couldnt track over the day.

btw, does anyone maybe have an idea why it got a 5% proton chance unlike the other regions that previously got 5% for an X-Class ? Is it due to being on the limb? (wouldnt the other limb qualify for that) @Vancanneyt Sander @Philalethes 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

its a very small delta where the tiny delta speck is far away from the other spot i believe

i dont know if this is an active delta. @mozy what do you say? i sadly dont know if the region is growing or rather staying the same since i couldnt track over the day.

btw, does anyone maybe have an idea why it got a 5% proton chance unlike the other regions that previously got 5% for an X-Class ? Is it due to being on the limb? (wouldnt the other limb qualify for that) @Vancanneyt Sander @Philalethes 

it keeps spitting C-class flares, so don't throw away the possibility of m- and x-class flare

12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I mean I had higher hopes for it seeing how it looked near the limb but as It's getting closer it doesn't look as impressive as I would've liked, it hasn't really grown in size, but the umbrae cores have gotten a bit bigger, I still have hopes for it though, doesn't look too bad.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

I love how we went to almost no sunspots this time last week to a whole cluster of ARs with two of them being β-γ-δ. Had a pretty impressive collection of CMEs over the last 24 hours from that region too. Just too bad none of them were Earth-directed. Lets just hope this AR and all it's siblings continue to perform as they rotate into the strike zone.

Edited by cgrant26
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cgrant26 said:

I love how we went to almost no sunspots this time last week to a whole cluster of ARs with two of them being β-γ-δ. Had a pretty impressive collection of CMEs over the last 24 hours from that region too. Just too bad none of them were Earth-directed. Lets just hope this AR and all it's siblings continue to perform as they rotate into the strike zone.

the CME's were from filament eruptions and a not yet earthsided region (sitting behind the limb) :D  ((as always!!))

48 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

the CME's were from filament eruptions and a not yet earthsided region (sitting behind the limb) :D  ((as always!!))

Probably should have said "general vicinity" or better yet, "Eastern Limby". Probably a sign I've had a wee bit more scotch than ideal. 🍹 😄  But yeah, most of those CMEs were just beyond the Eastern limb. This guy just barely made it on our side.

thanksgiving_sun.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cgrant26 said:

Probably should have said "general vicinity" or better yet, "Eastern Limby". Probably a sign I've had a wee bit more scotch than ideal. 🍹 😄  But yeah, most of those CMEs were just beyond the Eastern limb. This guy just barely made it on our side.

thanksgiving_sun.JPG

nice catch! i have a good thread about it. I love solarham.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mozy said:

I mean I had higher hopes for it seeing how it looked near the limb but as It's getting closer it doesn't look as impressive as I would've liked, it hasn't really grown in size, but the umbrae cores have gotten a bit bigger, I still have hopes for it though, doesn't look too bad.

Is it still a Delta?

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Is it still a Delta?

There's some separation in the penumbral area so I would say probably not, for now atleast.

Looks rather wishy-washy, I'm not pleased.

But since It's still so close to each other, it wouldn't take much for it to be considered a delta again, that's just my assumption for how it currently looks, someone else might have another opinion.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mozy said:

There's some separation in the penumbral area so I would say probably not, for now atleast.

Looks rather wishy-washy, I'm not pleased.

But since It's still so close to each other, it wouldn't take much for it to be considered a delta again, that's just my assumption for how it currently looks, someone else might have another opinion.

Yep, looks to be breaking apart sadly. Seems to have rearranged itself into a more stable configuration, looks like there was some plage of positive polarity between the two negative regions that's now mostly gone. Unless it starts complexifying again I doubt it will do much, but I agree that it wouldn't take that much, seems like the spots in the middle are a bit irregular, and there's a bunch of that somewhat dark type of area that looks like it's halfway between penumbra and umbra.

I guess we'll just have to see; not hoping for much, but I'll take anything.

• Like 1

Looks like there was some eruptive activity, not sure how much; dimming seems to be directed upward from the region for now, so could definitely be something Earth-directed there to add to the filaments over the next few days.

And looks like we have a little fakeout here, further upwards we go; excelsior!

Edited by Philalethes