AR 3386

tniickck

4 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Welp, looks like there will be another CME near the limb. Coming up near an X-Class flare

And it passes the X-Class threshold

This is a very limb-centric solar cycle so far.  Some might call it … limbic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tniickck said:

x1.5 now

it was classified as beta-delta yesterday

Wasn't impressive what so ever, a delta of that small size wont produce a long duration massive flare like this one, there's more going on underneath that we cannot see 😎

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mozy said:

Again from a region that barely makes any sense.

It had started gaining a bit of complexity previously I think; when the thread was created I remarked that I didn't see any delta yet, but I believe a couple of small deltas had formed a day or two afterward if I recall correctly, didn't keep much tabs on it since then.

But of course, complexity can always emerge out of nowhere, especially as we get closer to maximum; now let's get the same closer to the center of the disc!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tniickck said:

oh god there is no way that there has been no non-limb X flares since 2017

I think there was actually a single one that was closer to the center when I went through them not too long ago, but I can't quite remember. You can get the top flares for this cycles here on SWL and check the images if you want to check yourself.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

I think there was actually a single one that was closer to the center when I went through them not too long ago, but I can't quite remember. You can get the top flares for this cycles here on SWL and check the images if you want to check yourself.

yeah, i forgot about 2 Jul X1 from 3354, but it didnt produce a CME

Edited by tniickck
typo